Mcmillan stock choices - help me please!

PAshooter20BR

i can't take it anymore. There are so many options my head just might explode. Here is where I am. I want to build a long range rifle in 300 win mag with a sendero Contour. Gun will need to be shot offhand, prone from a bipod, off a pack and off a bench. I have had mcmillan HTG, and I have 2 mcmillan hunter sporter stocks. I always have liked Remington varmint stocks like the VLS and the HS precision original sendero.
Someone tell me something profound here to figure this out.
Here are the narrowed choices :
Remington Hunter
Tactical hunter
Remington Varmint
A1-3

Thanks

A1-3 or just a3
the a3. I was in your position when I built my first rifle. I wanted a do-all stock. the a3 fits the bill.
the game warden is another one ive had my eyes on. it wasn't available when I built my last rifle. either one would be a great choice for an all around stock.

The A3 is my favorite on a LR rifle.
46AB1337-C786-46CE-AB99-FDD9D38942FC.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 354
A3 or maybe look at the Sako varmint stock. I have both and the Sako varmint is better at being a field style stock while still having good LR characteristics. The A3 gives a little in the offhand/hunting department, but is a very good LR stock. My Sako varmint has a christensen varmint taper carbon barrel in it and it fits very nicely while not thinning the forend too much.

Recent Posts