Mauser help please.

redandwhite72

My buddy has what I have found to be a Turkish 1893 Mauser. If you pull the trigger with the safety engaged then release the safety it will fire. I'm wondering if the trigger has been tampered with and that's what is causing it. My problem is I can't find a picture of what the top of the trigger is suppose to look like. Could someone please look at my pictures and tell me if its factory or if its been filed a little.

Attachments

• IMG_20141023_165701058.jpg
    IMG_20141023_165701058.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20141023_165557678.jpg
    IMG_20141023_165557678.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 50
There is an entire forum on Mausers at Gunboards.com and that is where I finally found a lot of answers about the 1912 Chilean I was given. Doesn't seem to be a lot of Long range Mauser shooters, especially for something as old as what we are trying to shoot or repair. Once you get to Gunboards, go down the list until you find the Post on Military Mausers There are hundreds of threads relating to just about every Mauser ever made.

Good luck,

Bruce

Shoot em in the ear!
Sharp Shooter.gif Pig.gif

There is an entire forum on Mausers at Gunboards.com and that is where I finally found a lot of answers about the 1912 Chilean I was given. Doesn't seem to be a lot of Long range Mauser shooters, especially for something as old as what we are trying to shoot or repair. Once you get to Gunboards, go down the list until you find the Post on Military Mausers There are hundreds of threads relating to just about every Mauser ever made.

Good luck,

Bruce

Shoot em in the ear!
View attachment 40085 View attachment 40086

I will check them out.....thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.