Mauser 98 ?? Need help

kbuehner

I have a PREDUZECE 44 M98 MAUSER ACTION I orderd a stock and the maker was aware that my action screw holes were 7 13/16 center to center so im ok with that. But I started looking for hinged bottom metal and all I find is 7 7/8 and they say that its for the model 98 mauser. Im realy confused and frustrated any help is appreciated. Thanks Keith

There are issues with your measurements. Either the action screw spacing is 7 7/8" for a Yugo re-arsenaled German 98K or it is 7 5/8" for the intermediate length Yugo M24/47 or M48.

There is no mauser with a 7 13/16" action screw spacing. The markings you describe would seem to indicate that you have a full length 98 mauser with 7 7/8" action screw spacing, which will use 98 mauser bottom metal.

Here is a link for your reference:

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/mauser_reference.html

Thanks for the reply, Is it possible that the bottom metal is 7 7/8 and the spacing on the actioon screws is 7 13/16. Im a green horn at this its my first build thanks. Keith

I think you are having difficulty getting an accurate center to center measurement. If the action screw spacing were different in the bottom metal than on the action itself, the bottom metal would not fit. Given that you are getting a measurement quite a bit larger than 7 5/8", I would bet that the actual dimensions you are after are 7 7/8".

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.