matrix bullets? 7mm 190??

wyoming4x4

just learned about this bullet. 7mm ultramag application long range. looking at 190g matrix and 180 vld berger stuff. thanks guys and new to matrix and seems to be a good place to buy bullets for my application.gun)

I have his book and saw that, but there is a fellow in new zealand that has shot the 190 matrix on a couple goats around the 1k mark and he is using the stated BC of .8 whatever, he is shooting a 7mm practical. He said that the atmospheric conditions where he lives is almost exactly the same as the sieera loadbase software, thats why i asked. here is the guys vid:

Last edited by a moderator:
having barrel built for the 180g berger and 190g matrix. spoke with matrix and said 8 twist might be a little tight. 8.5 is about as tight as he would go. has heard some problems with bullets 190g if spun up to hard. safer in the 8.5 twist. so i will have a barrel built for this application. berger 180vld say 9 twist so anything close should get me in the ball park. 8.5 twist and 29" barrel in a 7 RUM an defensive edge brake. My brake arrived this weekend, sweet! waitin on parts.lightbulb.gun)

I have an stw, so will 9 twist work? sometimes when the speed is up, you don't need the extra twist from what I've heard? Any comments?

i'm still figuring this out myself. never shot the STW 7mm. Matrix said 8.5 twist from some of the input he is getting from some of the F class shooter. this is all i know. i guess in the end its the reloader who pushes the limits and pushes to failure. new stuff for me and just gathering parts. hurry up and wait!!gun)

Any updates? Going to do an order for some 160 grain 6.5's and need to decide if i want a couple 190's for my 284 win. :D gun)

complications with mail service. Just got a package stating from mail. package unsealed and contents lost. not sure what happened not at home. working north dakota at the moment happy easter to me! e-mail sent to matrix on situation but holiday weekend. will be home next week to figure this out. this kinda sucks!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.