Anyone Use 7mm 190g Matrix Ballistics Bullets?

Good

.284 Caliber Bullets Custom Built for Accuracy | Matrix Ballistics

I can't find any information on them. I'm thinking about working up a load for my 7 Rem Mag with these, Retumbo, CCI BR2s, and Win brass, but I'd like to see how these stack up against the 180 Berger Hybrids. The only BC numbers Matrix offers is the static BC of .8071...

If someone has some real actual BC numbers for this bullet I'd like to run the numbers and compare to see what would be best from my rifle.

Thanks for looking.

Tim.

I can't say much about the 7mm but I just shot 4 five shot groups with the. 277 165 grainers and they averaged better than .25 moa at 200 yards.

If they perform as well as the Bergers on game then I'm stoked!

I do not shoot the 190 grainers but I do shoot the 168 grain 7mm matrix bullets. I have found that they perform beautifully. In fact I made my first long range kill with them today and it punched through both front shoulders and both lungs of an average mule deer at 545 yards this morning. I used the shooter program on my phone and I use .700 BC and everything is spot on. It was a very good day. I highly recommend these bullets they are deadly accurate.
Good luck, Jason

Yeah thanks guys. I think I'm going to try these 190s. I'm not sure if I can get them to stabilize, but I'll know rather quickly so we'll see.

They are pretty tough bullets. A friend just shot a elk yesterday with the 210gr .30 cal bullets @ 612yds using a .300 Win Mag. One bullet blew right through the lungs and the other we found in the liver. It folded back the nose but the shank was still intact. There was a hole through both lungs you could easily stick your finger through. He hit it in the liver first, misjudging the wind, and put the next through the lungs. The bull fell, thrashed around, got back to his feet, and stumbled about for about 10yds before he was done.

In my .30-8mm Mag I shot a .96" group at 550yds with the same bullet @ 3100fps. They out shot the Berger 210's in my gun by a pretty decent amount.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.