Match Trigger?

Gurnz

I'm planning on building a long range hunting rifle in 6.5 284 sometime next year. I'm going to buy it a piece at a time as I get the money. I was wondering what the best trigger would be? I enjoy light triggers but for hunting it does not need to get down in the ounce range. I would like it to be as adjustable as possible. Thanks for the information. You guys always have excellent advice and opinions

I'm planning on building a long range hunting rifle in 6.5 284 sometime next year. I'm going to buy it a piece at a time as I get the money. I was wondering what the best trigger would be? I enjoy light triggers but for hunting it does not need to get down in the ounce range. I would like it to be as adjustable as possible. Thanks for the information. You guys always have excellent advice and opinions

Depending on what type of action it is ,Jewell makes about the best.

They have one with the safety and bolt release that adjust from 8oz to 3 1/2 pounds.
And can be adjusted without taking the action out of the stock.

If it's a Remington action, the 40X Rem Trigger works great and is also adjustable without
taking the action out of the stock. (Every time you take the action out of the stock you
risk changing the point of impact).

Hope this helps

J E CUSTOM

the shilen is my favorite. hard to install. jewell is more moneyand is easier. timney similar price as shilen.

I have jewel and Timney and my vote goes to jewel. the Timney is okay but in my experience nothing really stands with jewel in the trigger department. and mine are in the OZs and I have never had an accidental discharge. My vote is Jewel

I am having a couple Shilens installed, because they are cheaper.I haven't heard any bad things about them.I haven't tried them as they are still at the smith's. If I didn't have so may guns Jewel is what I would use.

How much do you want to spend?

Kepplinger is a little pricey, but a great trigger. It is a single set trigger - meaning that the pull from the normal position can be adjusted from 2.0-3.0 pounds. But when you rock it forward into the "set" position, the pull is reduced to about .5 pounds. Two options in a single trigger.

Another great choice is the Huber trigger. It is a two stage trigger - meaning you take up a little slack until you hit a slight but noticeable "wall". This lets you know you are on the verge of going off. You can hold it there for quite some time. When you are ready just a little more pressure sends you over the edge with a clean, crisp break. He has them available in a couple different weights for several of the more popular actions. They will not work on the Rem 700 unless the bolt release has been modified from under the trigger guard to the side of the action. Snipershide has a group buy on them right now for $250. Well worth the $$$ spent.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.