Postal match

Ive been temp banned before myself. Don't even remember what for now. But the one in this thread, he just made a joke. I dont think he meant it the way it was taken, but like you said, maybe a slip.
It's a standard we all agreed to. Sometimes it gets missed. Agree that I dont think it was malicious in intent, but violated the rules. I have to look at them periodically to remind myself of what they are.

Ive been temp banned before myself. Don't even remember what for now. But the one in this thread, he just made a joke. I dont think he meant it the way it was taken, but like you said, maybe a slip.

See #24.

There is nothing wrong with your post. I am simply saying most have probably never read the LRH rules. Most LRH members have the best intentions, including @26Reload. It was probably a slipped on his part, and thus got a warning - 2 months ban. This is nothing new; at one time, many members got a temporary ban, but some managed to find themselves on a permanent ban when they got out of it. "Golden Rule" rocks!
Got it that's kinda why I didn't respond thanks

I was looking at rifle the problem is I only have 200yd range not sure what others would think about using Reduced targets let's see what others think those that seem interested I'll send a private message try and get everybody involved on one email and work from there let me know
I know lots of people, especially back east, don't have access to anything longer than 200 yds.
At 200 yards the groups could be so small it be hard to measure.

I know lots of people, especially back east, don't have access to anything longer than 200 yds.
At 200 yards the groups could be so small it be hard to measure.
You are exactly right. Around here it's 50-75 yards mostly. Occasionally a few fields you can get more. 500+ is unheard of without several hours of driving.

You are exactly right. Around here it's 50-75 yards mostly. Occasionally a few fields you can get more. 500+ is unheard of without several hours of driving.
For me I can go across the highway and have miles of public land. Have to use a portable bench and target, but I have no problem with that. I have a 4' square electronic target that I regularly set out at 600. I also have access to a private range with steel out to a mile only a couple miles from the house. I'm pretty lucky.

Why set the rules by email vs open forum?

Rifle: 14lb max including optic
Rest: Field rest, no benchrest.....bipod,tripod or backpack with rear bag
Target: Probably should be posted as pdf so we all shoot the same thing. Should have a sighter and score bullseye.
Conditions: 3-6mph wind; Need some minimum wind.
Time: 5 score shots in 3 min?? Unlimited sighters.
Time to complete: some 3mo period

Anyways, each of these should be considered....I'm certainly not saying how it is....I'd just like it to be roughly a hunting rifle and hunting shot due to the forum.

Why set the rules by email vs open forum?

Rifle: 14lb max including optic
Rest: Field rest, no benchrest.....bipod,tripod or backpack with rear bag
Target: Probably should be posted as pdf so we all shoot the same thing. Should have a sighter and score bullseye.
Conditions: 3-6mph wind; Need some minimum wind.
Time: 5 score shots in 3 min?? Unlimited sighters.
Time to complete: some 3mo period

Anyways, each of these should be considered....I'm certainly not saying how it is....I'd just like it to be roughly a hunting rifle and hunting shot due to the forum.

Or ...... walk as fast as possible up a 12% grade, 200 yards , with your "hunting" rifle, fire 1 shot at 100 yards in under 2 seconds. Then score the target! A realistic "hunting" situation for many "hunters"! Stress and fatigue should play into a typical "hunting" scenario! Jus Say'n! memtb

Or ...... walk as fast as possible up a 12% grade, 200 yards , with your "hunting" rifle, fire 1 shot at 100 yards in under 2 seconds. Then score the target! A realistic "hunting" situation for many "hunters"! Stress and fatigue should play into a typical "hunting" scenario! Jus Say'n! memtb
I was all in on this idea until it involved walking! LOL

Window shooters running a stick shift on BLM, in the bentonite after an 1/8" of rain ?
A.K.A. = 5'6ish and a bout 240 lbs.
Sorry.
I'm 5'8"
🤠

The rules were never set via e-mail. It is always available to everybody in the open forum.
We can do it either way what ever works. I will sit down write what I think post it then we can go from there ? How's that sound ?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.