Match bullets.......Hunting bullets???

But if there was what would it be 🥴?

I'll defend the use of match bullets and light monos at warp all day and still if I could only ever use one projectile for hunting all North American big game species at a variety of ranges I'd probably opt for the federal trophy bonded tip or newer version, terminal ascent.

Fun fact, they did ballistic gel tests on a bunch of hunting bullets (can't remember which publication) at 100 and 400 yards and the trophy bonded tip was the only one that penetrated less at 400 than it did at 100 because even at reduced velocities it expands so darn well. And that solid copper shank means there is no maximum velocity. Tough to beat that.

That's a tough one, but definitely would not a bonded bullet.

I would take the SST bullet. The all around weight would be 162gr in 7mm. Will handle any game in North America, except brown bear, and I don't plan on hunting one, so I'd be 100% covered with this bullet.

Ok I'm fairly inexperienced with different bullets. Over the years I didn't really shoot targets much. Only to sight my rifle in for deer season. So I shot factory winchester power points and rarely shot over 100 yards. We just didn't have the money to set and shoot.
Anyway things change and recently I have got into the long range shooting and reloading my own bullets. There is sooooooooo much out there. Not that you can find anything anymore. But I put a post up about questionable hunting bullet, and got some folks that sounds like they hunt with MATCH bullets. I was told Match bullets were for the range. But now hearing guys are hunting with them. You guys got any opinions on this?
Lapua 139 scenar kills above its weight class.