Mass Shootings - Why?

I think it's pretty simple. What all has increased in the last 20-30 years?

- tv
- video games
- ease of access/availability/popularization of assault style rifles
- increasing number of moron parents who don't parent their children

*I support ownership of these rifles but would like to see more restrictions placed on under 21 sales
Yeah, it's definitely all those things... not people constantly trying to rationalize and justify poor choices and having no personal responsibility or accountability. :rolleyes:

I'm getting really sick of paying the check for items someone else ordered.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Gun owners through history are the ones that are always giving.

• 1934 NFA
  • 1968 GCA
  • 1986 FOPA
  • 1994 AWB
Those are just the major blows to the 2A. There are countless small cuts made here and there.

Gun owners have given enough. I'm not willing to budge another inch.

Some gun owners need to quit being FUDDs and be united in preserving what's left of a torn and tattered 2nd Amendment.

Exactly
Let me throw this out to you guys who think gun laws might help. Suppose a couple of prominent politicians were assinated from long range with a bolt action medium bore, say a 338. What would they do? All of a sudden AR's would be all but forgotten and they would go full bore after bolt action sniper rifles. Its not the tool. They want to ban any gun they can. AR's seem doable to them. Big game rifles not so much without the right circumstances to sway public opinion. This is the game they are playing to limit your rights. Sorry but they are using tragedy for political gain and there are a lot of fools buying it
You think it was just by chance that biden helped push a bill through in the '90's that made schools a "gun free zone" they don't care what happens to the kids if they did after Sandy Hook they would have put guards in place. That would have fixed it. After 911 they shored up cockpits on planes but they didn't shore up the schools all they care about is power and using tragedy to get what they what.

If biden wants to prove his "gun free zone" he'd give up his guards and put signs out! He hasn't done it and won't because he knows it won't work and he doesn't believe in it.

Actions speak louder than words and his actions suck, proves he's a liar!

Nailed it with the next to the last one. The rest are lib talking points.

You can shreak lib lib lib dems this and that and blame all things that don't agree with your opinion on the liberal media but it doesn't make any of that blame game stuff true. All of those items, in combination with a larger population of parents (maybe not larger %, who knows) who don't raise a child to be a decent person, is absolutely going to create more people who are more likely to do the heinous things these people have done.

We have reached the point of conspiracy theories which inevitably always happens in these cases. Did the kid have a copy of the "Catcher in the Rye"?

What about the elephant in the room that no one wants to address? People keep mentioning this has all happened in the last 20 years. What else has happened in the last 20 years? In the last 20 years, AR15's have become more affordable, more accessible, and the popularity has increased exponentially. Sorry but if you are going to have an honest conversation about why this is happening to this extent now, sometimes you have to kick the hornet's nest. I don't have a solution and I don't think there is one. We can do small things that may prevent it from happening as much but its always going to happen. All we can really do is wait for it to happen again and then rubber stamp it with thoughts and prayers and hope it dies down quickly so prices don't go up. This is where we are at. Sorry for the blunt honesty. These people are not being conditioned or trained for this. They are born that way. If you want to blame it on society, maybe its parents abusing alcohol and drugs while pregnant but it wasn't from a video game or a movie or gay marriage. We talk about thugs, gangbangers, and other criminals who can kill without a conscience which can be attributed to society but they don't walk into schools and blow away children. We have always had sick and crazy people. Its nothing new. Its been well recorded throughout history. Its just easier now for them to accomplish their goals.
Yes they have become more affordable but the gun isn't the problem and as far as conspiracy theories it's ironic that your post is 223.
I agree with what you say about societies problems and there are crazy people. It's hard to stop a crazy person willing to give up his life but the best answer right now would be guards.

Read what I wrote. I am not calling for a ban - but many are. I am offering a solution to make it more difficult to buy an AR. You cannot go to your LGS and buy a suppressor without a Class III license, but their use is growing exponentially. When is the last time one was used in a crime?

Why do you think mass shooters choose an AR? Why not a bolt action Savage Lapua? We all know why.

How about we start by treating semiautomatic rifles the same as pistols, i.e., you must be 21 to buy?

Inaction by the shooting community is going to result in solutions being dictated to us that are not going to be pleasant. One being tossed around frequently is making gun companies liable (our costs will go up). Another is to allow gun owners to be sued if their weapon is stolen and used in a crime. Background checks for the sale of all guns, even between private parties. The list can go on and on.

Frankly, making the age to buy an AR 21 would have stopped almost all mass shootings except LV.
i agree with you that something has to be done. sitting around hoping that it stops isn't going to work. i just hesitate to give in to the anti-2A crowd because they won't be satisfied until all guns are gone. once AR's are restricted or gone, they'll be after pistols because there are WAY more murders with pistols annually.

i think that the red flag type laws could help, but i dont trust my government not to abuse that power. nor do i believe that they could properly manage the task. the shooter at the church in texas was dishonorably discharged from the military and should not have been able to buy a gun. oops, the air force or navy or whoever forgot to let the FBI know.

i find it hypocritical that our elected officials tell us we dont need guns as they sit in an office guarded by men with guns and live in gated communities with armed guards and security teams. yet, we can't have armed guards in schools.

if we're going to raise the age on guns, we need to raise it on other stuff too. voting, booze, driving. your brain isn't fully developed until 25, maybe that's the right age for those things?

i agree with you that something has to be done. sitting around hoping that it stops isn't going to work. i just hesitate to give in to the anti-2A crowd because they won't be satisfied until all guns are gone. once AR's are restricted or gone, they'll be after pistols because there are WAY more murders with pistols annually.

i think that the red flag type laws could help, but i dont trust my government not to abuse that power. nor do i believe that they could properly manage the task. the shooter at the church in texas was dishonorably discharged from the military and should not have been able to buy a gun. oops, the air force or navy or whoever forgot to let the FBI know.

i find it hypocritical that our elected officials tell us we dont need guns as they sit in an office guarded by men with guns and live in gated communities with armed guards and security teams. yet, we can't have armed guards in schools.

if we're going to raise the age on guns, we need to raise it on other stuff too. voting, booze, driving. your brain isn't fully developed until 25, maybe that's the right age for those things?
I agree completely. Especially about the age 25 thing. That is a problem IMO. It would be great for everything, Guns, voting, drinking, getting Married, etc. The problem is the Military. It is my understanding that True adults won't just blindly take orders. They want them young for training. So If you can carry a gun to defend your Country, you should be allowed all the other rights that come with being both a Citizen and an Adult. I agree with this too. Becomes a Catch 22 situation. I also feel children are maturing later these days. I'm sure it is environmental. I know mine were closer to 30 before they developed any sense after puberty. Guess we are back to parenting. I will always feel that is the key. As a Society we are no longer good at it, and don't spend the time needed with the children to get good at it.

Apparently, the military as well as states are not required to update the NICS system. Only 32 states update the NICS system. This should be mandatory for all states as well as the military.

The first I heard about NICS. but that makes little difference to me because people aren't being prosecuted/ punished like before. Something like 14k felons tried to purchase a firearms in gun stores. Which I believe is a felony. Less than 1 percent were prosecuted. Look how long people were allowed to riot with little or no enforcement of the law. IMO if safety of kids in schools is the main concern then making schools "hard targets" and adhering to safety policies will go farther to keeping kids safe.

Gun owners through history are the ones that are always giving.

• 1934 NFA
  • 1968 GCA
  • 1986 FOPA
  • 1994 AWB
Those are just the major blows to the 2A. There are countless small cuts made here and there.

Gun owners have given enough. I'm not willing to budge another inch.

Some gun owners need to quit being FUDDs and be united in preserving what's left of a torn and tattered 2nd Amendment.
People say that gun control laws don't work and yet because of the NFA of 1934 we never hear about fully automatic weapons being used in crimes. On the other hand, the AWB of 1994 was a joke. It was purely cosmetic and easy to get around. It was the birth of the sporterized AK with the thumbhole stock.

The insane attack on school kids, not really a new thing, Bath,Michigan school massacre, 1927. No AR used, just pure evil.

This I do know. Members here disagree, some strongly on ways we could lessen or even fix this problem. The good news is we can have an adult discussion about it mostly without verbally attacking each other. This is the basis for actually addressing and fixing the problem. Why cannot the rest of the Country, esp those inside the beltway do this? Is the quest for money and power so strong with them that they cannot even have an honest discussion?

This I do know. Members here disagree, some strongly on ways we could lessen or even fix this problem. The good news is we can have an adult discussion about it mostly without verbally attacking each other. This is the basis for actually addressing and fixing the problem. Why cannot the rest of the Country, esp those inside the beltway do this? Is the quest for money and power so strong with them that they cannot even have an honest discussion?
There has been some judgemental stances on here. but for the most part I agree it's not been bad. I think the reason is overall people's attitudes towards firearms on here is mostly pro gun/ pro 2A. That's not true of our general population. We're fairly divided in our country. And the vitriol/ hate is the worst I've seen in my 50 plus years. IMO it's more of a threat than even terrorism in our country.

I agree completely. Especially about the age 25 thing. That is a problem IMO. It would be great for everything, Guns, voting, drinking, getting Married, etc. The problem is the Military. It is my understanding that True adults won't just blindly take orders. They want them young for training. So If you can carry a gun to defend your Country, you should be allowed all the other rights that come with being both a Citizen and an Adult. I agree with this too. Becomes a Catch 22 situation. I also feel children are maturing later these days. I'm sure it is environmental. I know mine were closer to 30 before they developed any sense after puberty. Guess we are back to parenting. I will always feel that is the key. As a Society we are no longer good at it, and don't spend the time needed with the children to get good at it.
i very much relate to your kids. i had ZERO business being given freedom to do pretty much whatever what i wanted when my parents dropped me off at college at 18. i finally got my act together and had a good job by 25-26. i'd be fine with the military offering you a fast track to do some of those things early. go serve 2-4 years (military, coast guard, law enforcement, EMS, etc) and you can apply to vote earlier or get a drivers license. i know there would be pushback to this. but we've got to come up with something, because those in washington are only concerned with themselves, both sides.