Mass Shootings - Why?

Man is depraved and have an untamed conscience. And there are none that do good without assistance. The shooters are not the only ones in this problem. Men are being held accountable less and less for thier actions.

Gang members shooting other gang members isn't something public really cares about. Right now they are focused on school shootings. Just sayin...
I think the point is that gun laws dont help.

Honestly, I would really like to support your position. I really would. I would like for our side to help the situation instead of always being shown to dig in and refuse to budge.
But we've seen far too many times where politicians say that all they want is "X" but then they move the goal posts and ask for more.

Nope. An inanimate object is not to blame, that rests entirely with the shooter.

And no law is going to change that.

LRNUT, In all seriousness I will answer your questions. In return it would be nice if you answered mine. There is a reaso I ask simple yes or know questions. It flushes out a liberal. They deflect and not answer questions if it doesn't fit their philosophy.

You sre willing to chip away at the first amendment to prohibit video games. I am not. I believe it is the parents job to regulate their kids behavior not the government.

Getting a class iii is similar to a background check. It just takes longer. Now around 60-90 days. If the government wants to legally do this they would need to pass an amendment to the constitution which will never pass. The bottom line is if they can't get their own gun legally they will find a way. Use the above example in Chicago or many other cities with strict gun laws they do not keep guns out of criminals hands period. Labeling a gun as a class III will not stop a psychopath looking to murder a bunch of people and then get shot by a cop. They don't care what the laws are and there are plenty of black market guns to get your hands on.

Saying the population wants a solution is correct but what you are rallying for fixes nothing. It's a feel good law that accomplishes nothing. There will be more attacks after the law changes and they will want to do more and more and more until you have nothing.

This was my original post-

"My gut tells me to stay off this thread but.....

What we are seeing in this country in my opinion is degradation of morals period. I could go on and on but I think the majority of people here can come up with their own list.

The unfortunate part of this is too many people want to control the few psychopaths at the expense of freedom. In a "free' society that is losing its moral way it will never stop. We can out better security in place in soft targets but it will never completely go away because there will always be a soft target somewhere."

This is not a solution and I don't claim it to be but you can't claim that it would have an affect. If the politicians can fortify themselves into the capitol you can't tell me they can't harden schools.

The interesting or not so interesting part of this which depends how you think is after January 6th where there was very little actual violence our "leaders" surrounded themselves with a fence and security guards with guns but these same people will not do this for children in schools. They just don't want. I also state if you make schools a hard target they will just move on to a soft target. Killing will not stop. It has been going on for eternity. It is more prevalent here because we are free. I have no intentions of a very small percentage of people with mental disorders in this country change this.

I think the point is that gun laws dont help.

Honestly, I would really like to support your position. I really would. I would like for our side to help the situation instead of always being shown to dig in and refuse to budge.
But we've seen far too many times where politicians say that all they want is "X" but then they move the goal posts and ask for more.

Nope. An inanimate object is not to blame, that rests entirely with the shooter.

And no law is going to change that.
If gun control laws worked then places that have highly restrictive gun laws like Chicago, LA and so on would be very safe. Besides if they do not enforce laws then it does little good to have them.

LRNUT, In all seriousness I will answer your questions. In return it would be nice if you answered mine. There is a reaso I ask simple yes or know questions. It flushes out a liberal. They deflect and not answer questions if it doesn't fit their philosophy.

You sre willing to chip away at the first amendment to prohibit video games. I am not. I believe it is the parents job to regulate their kids behavior not the government.

Getting a class iii is similar to a background check. It just takes longer. Now around 60-90 days. If the government wants to legally do this they would need to pass an amendment to the constitution which will never pass. The bottom line is if they can't get their own gun legally they will find a way. Use the above example in Chicago or many other cities with strict gun laws they do not keep guns out of criminals hands period. Labeling a gun as a class III will not stop a psychopath looking to murder a bunch of people and then get shot by a cop. They don't care what the laws are and there are plenty of black market guns to get your hands on.

Saying the population wants a solution is correct but what you are rallying for fixes nothing. It's a feel good law that accomplishes nothing. There will be more attacks after the law changes and they will want to do more and more and more until you have nothing.

This was my original post-

"My gut tells me to stay off this thread but.....

What we are seeing in this country in my opinion is degradation of morals period. I could go on and on but I think the majority of people here can come up with their own list.

The unfortunate part of this is too many people want to control the few psychopaths at the expense of freedom. In a "free' society that is losing its moral way it will never stop. We can out better security in place in soft targets but it will never completely go away because there will always be a soft target somewhere."

This is not a solution and I don't claim it to be but you can't claim that it would have an affect. If the politicians can fortify themselves into the capitol you can't tell me they can't harden schools.

The interesting or not so interesting part of this which depends how you think is after January 6th where there was very little actual violence our "leaders" surrounded themselves with a fence and security guards with guns but these same people will not do this for children in schools. They just don't want. I also state if you make schools a hard target they will just move on to a soft target. Killing will not stop. It has been going on for eternity. It is more prevalent here because we are free. I have no intentions of a very small percentage of people with mental disorders in this country change this.
Well said, Brother

Here is another factor no one is talking about. The dems know if they can get any gun control passed in the Senate the GOP will have no chance of retaking it in the fall. What a gift for them. They know full well we will punish any GOP member they can talk into voting for it

I'm regards to the Texas shooting, nobody is asking one big question. Where the hell did the shooter find a place that actually had 2 AR's and plenty of ammo in stock?? How did he purchase 350 rounds of ammo, when you're usually restricted to a couple of boxes of ammo (if it's in stock). And, he had to drop at least $2-3K on all of it. Where did an 18 year old kid get the cash??
Amen to that brother! I think you and I both know how this really came about! However no one wants to broach that scenario!!! Remember the line from the movie "The Shooter" where the Senator said "the truth is what I say it is" That is the truth!!!

You are wrong.

That's is all. Raising the age will do nothing. Under 21 shooters are not the norm so that's just another infringement on law abiding citizens.

Again NFA is just another infringement that we have tolerated. It will have little to no effect. It would again impose undue burden on people who actually are willing to go through the process.

Why is it that people want to restrict guns when these events are so rare? It's nothing but an emotional reaction fueled by the media and government.

I answered your question. I am not calling for a ban. I am proposing we move the age to 21. If that doesn't work, make ARs Class III - the proliferation of Class III licenses for suppressors has shown if you want it bad enough, you will go through the process.

We don't let an 18 year old buy a beer but he can walk into a gun store and buy two ARs? That is what the public is having a hard time with. Raising the age is a lot more efficacious than trying to fix parental issues.
Are you at the same time acceptable to raising the voting age to 21 and the age to join the military to 21?

What other rights are you willing to age restrict?

I think it's pretty simple. What all has increased in the last 20-30 years?

- tv
- video games
- ease of access/availability/popularization of assault style rifles
- increasing number of moron parents who don't parent their children

*I support ownership of these rifles but would like to see more restrictions placed on under 21 sales

I think it's pretty simple. What all has increased in the last 20-30 years?

- tv
- video games
- ease of access/availability/popularization of assault style rifles
- increasing number of moron parents who don't parent their children

*I support ownership of these rifles but would like to see more restrictions placed on under 21 sales
Nailed it with the next to the last one. The rest are lib talking points.

I probably should not wade in, but oh well...

The fault does lie at the shooter's feet. But we cannot prevent every lunatic from shooting up schools unless we make it more difficult to do so. One way would be to raise the gun buying age to 21 for semiautomatic rifles. Another would be to make ARs and other semi-automatic rifles (perhaps excepting specific models such as the Browning BAR) Class III weapons under the NFA of 1934 but grandfather current owners. Every time I go to the Phoenix range these days I see multiple rifles with suppressors. Many LRH members have them, so it cannot be that difficult. And finally, we should ban shooter games - the "science" would say there is a strong correlation to these and mass killings.

Arming more people is not what the majority of the people in this country want. Most teachers do not want to carry weapons.

You can talk all day long about lack of parenting, etc. but too many families, many of whom own guns, are afraid it is only a matter of time before their child is killed. My SIL is a school teacher. I own an AR. I don't think making them Class III is too high of a price to pay if stops these killings. Sure, you can say lunatics will find other ways to kill kids, but I am willing to bet anyone here a lot of money that the frequency of mass killings would decline. But even if it didn't, it would force society to come to terms to with the problem. No other country has the number of mass shootings that we do in the US. It is simply too easy for a lunatic to walk into a gun store, buy an AR, and shoot up a school, movie theater, or some other complex.

Anyone who believes the government is behind this probably thinks the government was behind 911. Get real. You sound ridiculous and make us look like a bunch of idiots.

We can offer solutions ourselves or we can wait until enough people do it for us. We know the cries to ban ARs grows louder with every school shooting. At some point, this will happen. Doing something now will ensure we can all shoot LR in the future.

Ok, I am ready for the pounding...
All of these gun control proposals are "external" & do not address the heart of the matter, which is why they will not work & further punish law abiding citizens. Most of the proposals are a slippery slope, where does it stop? It wont till they have banned everything & the population is at the mercy of the government or at the mercy of evil criminals......u decide which is worse.
Look at the headlines of Canada that came out yesterday, No more handgun sales, transfers or importation, Mandatory buyback of AR-15, any other Rifles can only have 5rd . The gun control lobby would love that here as well.....stand up now or that is what you can expect here.