Mark 4 or NF (Need Help)

You must think your pretty awesome! As previously stated I haved owned both scopes in question and have found my NF to be a better scope! Not only because of the durable construction but the fact that the dials are better and the glass is better. You didnt hear me say anything bad about the MK4! All that I stated was that I prefer the NF!

Hmmm??? Your statement "You didn't hear me say anything bad about the MK4".....Not sure where this came from?? Who said anything bad about the MK4? It's a great scope, I use it on my 308 and it's killer on small kritters. I simply like the NF better. Your insult "You must think your pretty awesome".. Is simply that, an insult....

kz

zsteinle,

kelly zier's post was regarding some earlier statements on this thread. his statement had nothing to do with your post.

fact of the matter is, I beleive he agrees with your opinion.

please read the whole thread and put into perspective what he was saying. again, it was not in any way directed towards you.

I have several Mark 4's. I like them fine and they worrk well! However, the NF NSX 5.5-22x 56mm with a zero stop is outstanding!!! Weight is a factor, so the next one I purchase will be a NF NSX 5.5-22-50mm. I hope there is a noticeable weight difference? I also want thhe new reticle they are coming out with. The zero stop is what does it for me. If Leupold made a zero stop like NF, it would be a hard choice for me.

NF doesn't make lightweight scopes..
The 5-22x56mm weighs 32oz, the 5-22x50mm weighs 31oz!
The 8.5-25x50 Mk4 weighs 22.5oz

Zero stop is nice, and you're right Leupold needs it.
But for me, Leupold's Alumina flip-up covers are a bigger value in design. Combined with non-eypiece-turning zoom, and Mk4 wins again over NXS(for me).

nsx all the way...
strong, durable, tracs perfect, and NO POLKA STEPS FOR DIALING as leupold. - some leupolds.
but... everythings comes down to personal pref.
do not forget about elevation clicks.
if you want it for longrange hunting - get the scope with most clicks, and the one with better turets.
my nsx is on top a 338edge, 18lb rifle, and i haul this rifle around alot... and i did not get POI changed. tracks and hold like a tank.

I would go with the nightforce i have one and love it. it looks optically better than the mark 4 scopes i have handled, and it took a beating last season and i had no problems what so ever. The guys at sportoptics.com gave me a good deal on mine.

This NXS took an AK-47 hole through and through the soldger taped over the holes and used the scope for 3 more days.

Now that's reliable

NightforceAK-47.jpg

gun)Well guys, I went with the NF nxs 3.5-15x50 mil dot scope. Found a great deal on one! Should have it by next week. I have to say I have never looked through a NF with the Mil Dot yet. From the pics on the website I think I will be very pleased. Thanks for the info and thoughts on this thread.

gun)Well guys, I went with the NF nxs 3.5-15x50 mil dot scope. Found a great deal on one! Should have it by next week. I have to say I have never looked through a NF with the Mil Dot yet. From the pics on the website I think I will be very pleased. Thanks for the info and thoughts on this thread.

You did good. The Nightforce Mill Dot is excelent IMHO. The Dot are see through circles that do not cover the aim point. You will be pleased with the Nightforce. They are very dependable

This NXS took an AK-47 hole through and through the soldger taped over the holes and used the scope for 3 more days.

Now that's reliable

NightforceAK-47.jpg

DANG ! I hope before he put the tape over it that he got the chance to nail the AK-47 peace of trash !! That's one TUFF scope !

BigBuck

Yote doctor,

I'm curious on your thoughts on the Night Force vs the Leupold?

Also to all (well most all!) whom have contributed to this thread.. Thank you .. This would have to be one of the best comparative threads I have come across in some time :cool:

I'm now going to have to do some saving and get me a NF to do my own comparisons but that will be a ways off.

Cheers,

Chas1,

I'm thinking along the lines of the NXS 3.5-15x50 F1 as I like the NP-R1 reticle and the Zero Stop or possibly the 5.5-22x50 NXS for the longer ranges.

Like I said though it would be a ways off due to saving the finances, but would be a nice addition to the family here, especially for comparisons of the two.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.