Mark 4 or NF (Need Help)

He must be a great shot. But that is still not ethical for hunting nor does it set a good example. This could be taken as just killing. Hopefully you don't lose a deer at those ranges. This web site should be called long range killing, because it sure as **** not hunting. Hunting is putting on a stalk and getting into ethical range for a shot you can make 10/10 times.

Oh boy,,,You just kicked a hornets nest with this one...Careful, Im gonna set you up on this one...So tell me my friend,,,exactly what distance do YOU consider is ethical in your one sided opinion??? 300 yards,,,,400 yards,,, 500 yards,,,exactly what is your number? Don't give me a long story about what if's,,,,You make some statements on here,,,so let's just back them up with solid number...WHAT exactly is your ETHICAL boundry? What is that number??? Just one number? What is it???

By the way, I have hunted my entire life, I have killed elk as close at 20 feet a way on a dead run and dropped them inches from my feet, I have killed white tail as close as 10 feet from the barrel of my 30-06. I have killed more deer with a bow from point blank than you can shake a stick at. You don't have to lecture me with your idea of killing close vs far away.

So you have opened a can of worms MR. Ethical,,,Now put your money where your mouth is...EXACTLY what is that ETHICAL number...What exactly is the yardage that YOU view is an ethical shot???????????????

Oh boy,,,You just kicked a hornets nest with this one...Careful, Im gonna set you up on this one...So tell me my friend,,,exactly what distance do YOU consider is ethical in your one sided opinion??? 300 yards,,,,400 yards,,, 500 yards,,,exactly what is your number? Don't give me a long story about what if's,,,,You make some statements on here,,,so let's just back them up with solid number...WHAT exactly is your ETHICAL boundry? What is that number??? Just one number? What is it???

By the way, I have hunted my entire life, I have killed elk as close at 20 feet a way on a dead run and dropped them inches from my feet, I have killed white tail as close as 10 feet from the barrel of my 30-06. I have killed more deer with a bow from point blank than you can shake a stick at. You don't have to lecture me with your idea of killing close vs far away.

So you have opened a can of worms MR. Ethical,,,Now put your money where your mouth is...EXACTLY what is that ETHICAL number...What exactly is the yardage that YOU view is an ethical shot???????????????

And by the way Mr Ethical,,,,Did you happen to notice the name of this web site???? Yea, you guessed it,,,LONG RANGE HUNTING.com......not SHORT RANGE HUNTING....or sneak up n shoot-em at 10 feet.com

Every now and then we get guys like you on here that just want to stirr the pot....I also noticed you didn't leave your full name or anything even close to a name...So, I''m waiting for your answer....What is that majical number in yardage that you think is a moral and ethical shot????????????

He must be a great shot. But that is still not ethical for hunting nor does it set a good example. This could be taken as just killing. Hopefully you don't lose a deer at those ranges. This web site should be called long range killing, because it sure as **** not hunting. Hunting is putting on a stalk and getting into ethical range for a shot you can make 10/10 times.

Why don't you define hunting for us? Is it 10 yards, 20, 100 are just where is this majical distance that determine "hunting?

Any time one decides to shoot it is about killing, isn't it at any distance.

Maybe you should just use a knife, that's rather close I'd say

Don't try to saddle others with your limitations

And by the way Mr Ethical,,,,Did you happen to notice the name of this web site???? Yea, you guessed it,,,LONG RANGE HUNTING.com......not SHORT RANGE HUNTING....or sneak up n shoot-em at 10 feet.com

+1

Glad someone finally said it. For a while I thought it was turning into SHORT RANGE HUNTING or LONG RANGE TARGET SHOOTING.

I'd be surprised if idig4au responds...hope so...it will be interesting. No actually it could be very short response. Ethical = ??? yards.

lightbulbOk Ok Ok! I thank you guys for making your point and putting this guy in his place. He needs it! I still would like this thread to be bout these scopes that I am looking into and not a ****ing match. Thanks

lightbulbOk Ok Ok! I thank you guys for making your point and putting this guy in his place. He needs it! I still would like this thread to be bout these scopes that I am looking into and not a ****ing match. Thanks

Truth is truth and facts are facts. Seeting the record straight should not be labeled a "****ing match" IMHO

+1 with jwp475. As long as it's done diplomatically I agree as it's important to the creditability of what's written on LRH and keeps it one of the few forums with integrity.

Last edited:
+1 for NF. I had both and sold the leupold. Glass seems to be nearly identical during normal light but once the sun starts to go do down the NF is far superior!

+1 for NF. I had both and sold the leupold. Glass seems to be nearly identical during normal light but once the sun starts to go do down the NF is far superior!

OPTICS vs IDIOTS........On the idiots issue, regardless of the string, when folks jump in here and make non factual statements that shed bad light on long range hunting....We need to stop them in their tracks.....Notice, the guy in question here, has not even responded because he is full of....$%@%

On the optics issue, opinons are opinions, but I would tend to listen to the guys that have owned or now own both the mark 4 and the NF, their view will tend to be less bias. Several on here own both, (my self included) and have stated that the NF is just slightly better. When the sun goes down, I want my NF when canyon shooting at big game. I still like my Mark 4 and if one could not afford the NF, then the Mark 4 is a great choice.

Regardless of your decision, they are both great scopes. Hope that helps!!!

kz

OPTICS vs IDIOTS........On the idiots issue, regardless of the string, when folks jump in here and make non factual statements that shed bad light on long range hunting....We need to stop them in their tracks.....Notice, the guy in question here, has not even responded because he is full of....$%@%

On the optics issue, opinons are opinions, but I would tend to listen to the guys that have owned or now own both the mark 4 and the NF, their view will tend to be less bias. Several on here own both, (my self included) and have stated that the NF is just slightly better. When the sun goes down, I want my NF when canyon shooting at big game. I still like my Mark 4 and if one could not afford the NF, then the Mark 4 is a great choice.

Regardless of your decision, they are both great scopes. Hope that helps!!!

kz

You must think your pretty awesome! As previously stated I haved owned both scopes in question and have found my NF to be a better scope! Not only because of the durable construction but the fact that the dials are better and the glass is better. You didnt hear me say anything bad about the MK4! All that I stated was that I prefer the NF!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.