March/ZCO/ etc…

When "excellent" glass is cited, it is generally one's reaction to the clarity and and non-existent CA. I have keyed into two key attributes that seem to be a function of not only the glass but the associated geometry/design of the scope components that can 1) Minimize low sun and glare often encountered during prime time deer hunting, and, 2) The ability for the scope to manage mirage, frequently encountered during the early deer/antelope season. These two conditions, particularly at the longer ranges have cost me several opportunities on good animals over the years. My March 2.5x25x52 has traditionally been one my best performers for reducing low sun glare(reflection), and my first choice when hunting areas/times where this condition is prevalent. I understand that this capability is a function of not only the glass/coating, but the scopes interior geometry and surface coating as well. As to heavy mirage, while some scopes may be a bit better then others, it has always been problematic until I acquired my ZCO420. This scope not only equals/exceeds the March in reducing low sun glare, but it's ability to cut through/negate mirage, and creating a clear sight picture, goes well beyond other scopes I have used to date. How this is achieved is beyond me. Additionally, with judicious use of the focus knob, the mirage can be focused on with high resolution to determine precise angle/direction…Quite valuable for wind calls at LR. Considering these attributes amongst the other attractive features of the ZCO420, over time I intend to replace the scopes on all my LR hunters.
ZCO performs great in mirage. Tangent does even more gooder. Tangent also has slightly better depth of field. But the image from that enormous ZCO eyepiece is something else. I wish somebody would make a ZCO420/TT315M love baby. Both are so close to the perfect scope.

ZCO performs great in mirage. Tangent does even more gooder. Tangent also has slightly better depth of field. But the image from that enormous ZCO eyepiece is something else. I wish somebody would make a ZCO420/TT315M love baby. Both are so close to the perfect scope.

Agreed…Choosing between the two required some serious thought!

^ this, nailed it as my daughter would say

One thing that immediately caught my eye (pun intended) with my Leupold VX5HDs is the absence of the "black ring" or tunnel appearance when looking through the scope at the proper eye relief. It's like the image goes all the way to the edges and there is a faint black ring where it stops.

Does the ZCO 420 have a similar view?