ZCO Scopes

Hi,

The walls can be made thicker for added strength and durability and the internal lenses can be made slightly larger, which increases optical performance simply because larger lenses always perform better than smaller ones. (all else being equal such as coatings and quality of the lens itself.)

Sincerely,
THEIS

Good points, but not a real thing all the time, there are designs and ...well...designs. Nevertheless the ZCO looks like a winner, time will tell.

Good points, but not a real thing all the time, there are designs and ...well...designs. Nevertheless the ZCO looks like a winner, time will tell.

LOL and that is why I bolded the statement of all else being equal :)

Thanks,
THEIS

I really should have checked in here a lot sooner! Things have been busy since SHOT.

I am one of the key people involved with Zero Compromise Optic. Jeff Huber is the other and responsible for the entire venture taking off. He is the gentleman that founded Nightforce and he and I together were highly successful in bringing Kahles forward as a top quality optic here in the U.S.

I've been a member here at LRH for many years. I've written articles on the Steiner Military series rifle scopes, Trijjicon TARS, Huskemaw Tactical scope, Nightforce SHV, and the NF BEAST as well as a couple articles on some binoculars and a couple hunting articles. This is how I came in contact with Jeff while he was the importer/distributor of Kahles. I was reaching out to Kahles asking if they would like me to do an article for their products. Luckily for me he had a position open up after I finished the article and he was willing to give me a job.

Most people are aware that Swarovski took over as the importer/distributor for Kahles on January 1st, 2017 which gave Jeff and I the opportunity to start our own company and thus was born ZCO.

We have our very own ZCO manufacturing facility in Austria and we utilize European Schott lenses with an ED lens in the objective. This is absolutely NOT an OEM made scope with our logo. We have our very own Mechanical engineer on staff. All of the parts and pieces are brought over here to the U.S. where scopes are assembled by hand in Idaho. We are still in the pre-production phase but anticipate production models to ship out around June.

Regarding the 36mm main tube, we went larger than standard for very good reason, not just to be different. We didn't want to compromise the optical performance from what we wanted to deliver in order to have a large adjustment range. Likewise we didn't want to compromise our mechanical system in order to have superb optical performance. We DID leave material in critical places for the scope bodies for extra strength and durability. We DO use larger lenses in critical places internally for the best optical performance possible. Our mechanical system has been upgraded in a couple areas for better longevity, reliability, and performance. Those are some things the end user will never see but will experience through extended use of the scope. The larger lenses giver higher performance along with an entirely usable 35 mils of elevation adjustment as the edges of the FOV are not blurry due to looking through the edge of the lens to such a degree. That is only one benefit the end user will experience. We are getting very high transmission, exceptional resolution right up there or better than other top level scopes, and contrast and color correction very well balanced for an outstanding sight picture.

We are using our collective knowledge and experience in the precision rifle scope industry to build what we feel is the best rifle scope in the world. The NF BEAST was one of Jeff's final projects and that is a fantastic rifle scope in every regard. We know how rifle scopes are built. We are going to great lengths to do it even better and stronger with higher performance optically and mechanically.

We fully understand the general public will need to independently test our products and believe. We've done this before, we get it. Again, scopes are anticipated to ship around June. Price is still not yet finalized as we have a couple minor adjustments yet to make but we also do not expect prices to be anywhere close to the $4500 that other competing scopes are going for. We should be much much less than that.

I am also a competition shooter as well as hunter. Many of the features on our scopes are what I would personally want in a Tier One product and features I know precision rifle shooters also want. Features such as locking diopter, locking elevation and windage turrets, Return 2 Zero (zero stop), rotation indicator, finely tuned parallax that is easy to dial in, etc.

Sorry for not checking back in here to LRH for a while. Things have been busy. Please keep an open mind. This is a new company but everyone involved has extensive experience in high end rifle scope design, manufacture, and production. We are here to compete with the very best in the world, and fully intend on delivering a product that shooters will come to trust and rely on for overall better performance.

Nick Gebhardt

Will the entire ocular piece turn with the magnification ring, or will it turn independently, leaving your scope cover oriented the same?

That's the only thing I dislike about the ATACR.

Nope, just the mag ring. Also has a change lever built in that is just big enough to give good positioning and added leverage.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.