ZCO Scopes

Hi,

That is not rumor lolol
There is a reason for the 36mm tube also :)

Sincerely,
THEIS

They look very nice...

But coming in and trying to compete with the Nightforce BEASTS and Tangent Thetas of the world as a new company with NO track record is... an interesting idea.

Thanks for the teaser! Please feel free to elaborate.

Obviously there is a 'reason' for a proprietary 36mm tube. When 34mm, 35mm and 40mm already exist, I question what that reason really is. I suppose it wouldn't be 'Zero Compromise' without a proprietary tube however...

Forgive my cynicism, but there is a lack of real information provided on the zcomp website. Are we to assume that this is an Optronica design assembled by Light Optical Works?

It's good that someone is pushing the envelope, but i feel a lack of curiosity given the vague details.

Hi,

The company itself might not have a track record but the guys running it dang sure do
Jeff is responsible for the success nightforce has in today's market and was responsible for growing Khales market in the USA.

The parts are manufactured in Austria and hand assembled in Idaho.

Sincerely,
THEIS

36 mil tube??????
The 34 tube on my Burris XTR II makes that scope feel like a fence post on top of my 300 Win Mag.
Seems like everyone thinks they can make a scope these days.
Makes me LOVE my Leopold's!
Thanks, KIrk

LRSU posted 3400$ Frank said on his latest podcast around the 3K mark so in TT territory. He did say it was his number 1 thing he was excited about at SHOT this year. Said it was phenomenal. I was hoping for 2500$ but had a feeling that was wishful thinking. Jeff Huber is behind it, so while the company is somewhat unknown he's not. Idk if they're relying on that to sell the scope but it's certainly a steep price for a scope entering the market. I still want one though.

What's the reason?

Hi,

The walls can be made thicker for added strength and durability and the internal lenses can be made slightly larger, which increases optical performance simply because larger lenses always perform better than smaller ones. (all else being equal such as coatings and quality of the lens itself.)

Sincerely,
THEIS

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.