ZCO and Swarovski

shooters

Anyone out there actually compared these two in low light?
Not interested in discussing other topics or features such as function, durability, turrets, weight etc. Obviously the ZCO and the Swaro aren't even in the same world.
But, if I am going to spend $3000 on a Swarovski and it's no brighter than the ZCO in low light, then that's a very easy decision to make. ZCO has hinted that their low light ability is right there with the best. So curious to see who's compared.

Polar T96 is amazing. what are you needing out of this optic you are debating? ZCO is more precision/LR/Military style optic like TT, S&B PMII, and NF. Never messed with one, however a buddy from AZ swears by them.
i have gifted my father in law some swaro optics over the years for bdays and xmas presents. he is a swaro fan. I have looked through and used many Swaro products (knockers and scopes). which one you looking at?

ZCO is FFP only.
Swarovski is SFP only. Also, there are a bunch of different Swaro series, so you can't compare a Z3 to a ZCO. You would need to compare the X5 series to get a close coparison.
So hard to tell you which way to lean.

I can say this. ZCO will have you hunting well past legal light. I have two.

Thanks for comments fellas. But again, not interested in FFP, SFP, turrets, build etc. Originally post at the top.

Nothing else considered. Just low light.
ZCO or the Z6 or Z8.
What I'm getting at is, if the ZCO is just right there with the Swaro Z6/8 in low light, then the decision is clearly obvious. One would be a fool not to choose the ZCO. But if the Swaro Z6 and Z8 are considerably brighter and low light, then I would go that route. That's what I'm asking.

You're prob not going to find what you're looking for because you're asking for a comparison of two totally different products. ZCO is not similar to Z6/Z8 scopes. It's similar to X5 or Kahles scopes. That looks like what @lancetkenyon was getting at with his response.

You might find a little info in a thread from a while back regarding best light gathering scopes.

This is a great question, when I didn't use a thermal, really clear glass made a world of difference to hunting after dark. Swarovski Z8i glass is absolutely stunning. I've not looked through the ZCO.

Actually one of the chief considerations for night shooting in addition to clearness of glass is how dim you can take the illuminated reticle. The Swarovski has a night time setting, hopefully the ZCO does also.

Even with an old Trijicon Accupoint, we've killed a hog on a light covered ground with no lunar illumination. Good stuff

Any scope in this price range, or 1/2 or even 1/4 of the cost, has enough light transmission for me past legal shooting light. Usually better than the naked eye.

Maybe I'm missing something, or do you have a specific application? Seems like splitting the finest of hairs, to ignore more significant features.

looks like you got some good info a year ago with the same question.

You're prob not going to find what you're looking for because you're asking for a comparison of two totally different products. ZCO is not similar to Z6/Z8 scopes. It's similar to X5 or Kahles scopes. That looks like what @lancetkenyon was getting at with his response.

You might find a little info in a thread from a while back regarding best light gathering scopes.

I understand this. They are not even the same world as one another.
I'm simply asking if one was to set a ZCO and say a Swaro Z8 up side by side at dawn or dusk, is one noticeably brighter than the other?
That's it. Nothing more nothing less. 🤷🏼‍♂️

My X5 lacks a noticeable amount behind my Z5.
Assuming the lack of parallax and a few less lenses in the Z5 model is the reason.

So, it brings me to asking about the ZCO.

Last edited:
I have both and for low light... unless your professional and know how to spot the differences... it's almost best impossible. I'd say the Swarovski is a very small Gnat's A better in low light. Not enough to detour me from a ZCO

Excellent. So not a huge difference by any stretch.
I had originally purchased an X5 based off reviews saying it was right there with a Z6 in low light.
It was anything but.
Then picked up a Z5 and it is a dream to look through at last light. But again, the Z5 model I own has completely different lens configuration giving it a huge bump in its ability to allow light.