Excellent ZCO Customer Service

Huntnful

Bound and ruined the parallax adjustment with a set of ARC rings torquing to 55in lbs on a ZCO 527. Jeff at ZCO said the recommended ARC torque is just too much pressure. He still likes ARC, but doesn't recommend torquing near as high as 55in lbs. Repaired it in 2 days free of charge and was great to work through the issue over the phone.

I'll redo everything with a 30in lb torque on the tube portion when I get it back.

BA47B3BC-14F8-4C47-A778-969300E28218.jpeg

Interesting. Both my ZCO 420s are in ARC M10 36MM rings at 55in/lbs. I have mounted a few others (420s and 527s) and had the same experience. No issues. Let us know if 30in/lbs holds the scope in place for future reference.

Interesting. Both my ZCO 420s are in ARC M10 36MM rings at 55in/lbs. I have mounted a few others (420s and 527s) and had the same experience. No issues. Let us know if 30in/lbs holds the scope in place for future reference.
Will do!! He also said he's had countless scopes not affected by the factory ARC torque. But has also delt with several now that have had this same issue from ARC rings. Just something to keep in mind. I'll keep a close watch on the scope for slippage also.

Bound and ruined the parallax adjustment with a set of ARC rings torquing to 55in lbs on a ZCO 527. Jeff at ZCO said the recommended ARC torque is just too much pressure. He still likes ARC, but doesn't recommend torquing near as high as 55in lbs. Repaired it in 2 days free of charge and was great to work through the issue over the phone.

I'll redo everything with a 30in lb torque on the tube portion when I get it back.

View attachment 440910
Wow good for them
I know another certain optics company in Orofino that would have said "sorry its your fault", and demanded payment.

Is your rail bedded? A bent rail can cause rings to put undue stress on the tube. If it isn't you should consider that before you remount the scope

Great to hear! No slippage at 35in lbs?

No issues so far with 3 zcos in arc rings at 35lbs, one is a 338 Norma improved so no slouch in recoil. I actually had the craziest thing happen with that rifle where the ocular portion of a TT525p sheared its threading and came off hitting me in the face. Sent back to TT and got it repaired with great service as well, just a longer wait with customs. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only person to ever experience that. I thought I was alone with the zco/arc ring torque issue until now, was really starting to question things as both those instances occurred within same few weeks, felt like I was cursed!

No issues so far with 3 zcos in arc rings at 35lbs, one is a 338 Norma improved so no slouch in recoil. I actually had the craziest thing happen with that rifle where the ocular portion of a TT525p sheared its threading and came off hitting me in the face. Sent back to TT and got it repaired with great service as well, just a longer wait with customs. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only person to ever experience that. I thought I was alone with the zco/arc ring torque issue until now, was really starting to question things as both those instances occurred within same few weeks, felt like I was cursed!
Great to hear! This will be on a 300 Norma Improved, so I should be good with your torque specs also. Appreciate the info!!