March FX 4.5-28X52 Review (So Far)

The ZCO seems like a little tank lol. It's much larger in profile than the March. I'm committing to spending the season behind it to see what I think! Optically and functionally it seems excellent in the short time I checked it out. I put it on my 6.5 PRC until my 300 NMI is done

View attachment 424662
Does it feel too top heavy with about 6oz. more up there?

Who's going to be the first to come out with an illuminated turret for hunters. Seriously. I've 2x had to use my cell phone to light up the turret in the blind to dial. Surprised none of these alpha scope makers have come up with a solution.

Just set the zero stop and count up the clicks. Got used to it shooting service rifles, count down after every yardage, count up at the next one. On windage go back to no wind zero, write down the clicks on data book, along with the condition, wind and direction, flag positions, and mirage the best way you can describe it.

For short range hunting figure out your zero for PBR of your ammo

Who's going to be the first to come out with an illuminated turret for hunters. Seriously. I've 2x had to use my cell phone to light up the turret in the blind to dial. Surprised none of these alpha scope makers have come up with a solution.
1672836650144.jpeg

I've used this scope pretty extensively now, and I know there are people curious about them and not a ton of first hand experiences with them. So far, I honestly love it.

Reticle is excellent design and usable pretty much throughout the whole power range. I really only use the scope from 6-20X though.

Durability seems to be no question at all. Thousands of turret adjustments and I don't baby my stuff in the field. Never lost zero or anything suspicious.

Turrets are amazing, and tight enough that I haven't had one slip in the field yet.

Parallax adjusts with very small movements. I guess that's a preference thing. Doesn't bother me at all. Pretty easy to get a crystal clear image.

Glass is good enough and reticle bold enough to kill a buck at 840 yards at first light, long before the sun rose. So do with that info what you want.

I've used it enough in the field to rub the color out of some the name etching on the bell of the scope lol. So I guess that's a negative in reality when it comes to resale.

My setup has been used to kill 3 bucks at 840, 550 and 974 yards. And lots of hiking over the shoulder and strapped a heavy *** pack. And bound extremely tight. I just shot it on paper for the first time since my hunting season has started to check zero, and well… it's on lol.

Definitely recommend this scope. For $2700-$3000, I think it's a **** good scope. I'd only imagine ever testing another scope if TT comes out with a 4-20X52 in the 30-32oz range.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, which reticle did/do you use in the March? What is your opinion of the reticle you chose after using it for a substantial period of time?

I had the FML-LDK. Not the Christmas tree.

I love the reticle. .2 mil increments is awesome and the .05 mil thickness is perfect for use throughout the whole power range.

The ZCO seems like a little tank lol. It's much larger in profile than the March. I'm committing to spending the season behind it to see what I think! Optically and functionally it seems excellent in the short time I checked it out. I put it on my 6.5 PRC until my 300 NMI is done

View attachment 424662
What's your thoughts on it so far?

What's your thoughts on it so far?
Yah man, you're always testing to the point of burning out a barrel in 6 months and I want to be ready when they come out with the MOA version... where's the beta ?

Yah man, you're always testing to the point of burning out a barrel in 6 months and I want to be ready when they come out with the MOA version... where's the beta ?
Haha my new 300 NMI is just about done with a new barrel and DLC'd action! And I just sold my 6.5 PRC and going to test out a 6PRC.

If size and weight don't matter on your gun, the ZCO has a slight edge in clarity and a finer parallax adjustment. Turrets clicks and everything mechanical are great on both. I was looking to add weight to my 300 NMI and the ZCO seems worth the weight. Also put on a steel barrel. Took it from 9.4lbs to 10.3lbs. Exactly what I was shooting for.

If size, weight and magnification matter, the March is pretty hard to beat from what I've tested. I haven't used a TT315 though.

Hopefully once it gets in the 30's to 40's I'll have her zeroed and we will have video of it preforming at a mile. I'd be willing to bet it won't. Take me long to send it at 1272-1309. Thanks again man!