Manual trimmer for magnum sized cases

milanuk

Hello there,

Kind of in the market for a magnum-sized case trimmer for my .300WM and .338LM, among others.

I do have a Wilson trimmer with various Sinclair/Starrett 'upgrades' from years ago... but it seems like I have to take it half-ways apart to open up enough to go from shorter cases (.223 Rem, 6 BR, .308) to anything magnum. It works... but it's getting pretty old, pretty fast. The taking-apart, not the trimming - I don't have near as many pieces of brass for the mags as I do my smaller match cartridges.

I also have a Giraud trimmer, with a bin full of case holders and cutter heads, which is what I do the majority of my 'match' brass on - pretty much anything with 200-300+ pieces per batch/barrel. Less than that, and I'm likely to use the Wilson. Call me weird, but I do like to be able to square up the mouth on virgin brass, and chamfer/deburr it before first use. Given the way the Giraud indexes the case off the shoulder, that doesn't really work out. If push comes to shove, I can (and have) just chamfer before first firing, and then run cases thru the Giraud after resizing them for the second firing. But I'd like to have another option, so...

What are you folks using for trimming your magnum sized cases?

I have the RCBS Trim Pro trimmer with the universal case holder, it does cases up to and including the 416 Rigby rim.
I had to buy a 'special' trimmer for my 505 Gibbs and 500 NE cartridges.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.