RCBS Trim Pro-2 Manual case trimmer

just_jon

Sat down to trim some 6mm Rem brass last evening and found that the fine adjustment bushing was somehow locked up with the lock bushing, i could not separate them with two pipe clamp even after soaking overnight in penetrating oil. Unit is still functional, but a pita without fine adjustment, Called RCBS to inquire about purchasin general replacements, but they are apparently still sheltering in place. I know Google is my friend, but I'm coming up blank. Perhaps God is telling me it's time for a power trimmer.

1455DCFC-A84C-40CF-A2FC-FD9671B0A597.jpeg

Sometimes a little heat from a micro torch will expand it enough to break it loose. Don't usually need to go much past what you cant hold on to (120-140 degrees shouldn't damage anything). If it doesn't come loose then, cool it abit by the application of penetrating oil. Sometimes the heat will allow it to creep in. I personally like kroil or mouse milk (not sure they even make it anymore).

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.