Case trimmer

mpowers

What do you all recommend for a case trimmer? I have an older Forster original and looking to upgrade to something a bit faster and more ergonomic and easier to use.

I really like this trimmer. It's quick and very accurate
B4711DC6-30B4-42EE-8D50-5F5CDFEBD90C.jpeg

My amazing girlfriend just got me a Henderson precision case trimmer today for my birthday, these things are f'n awesome.

I started with RCBS then went to the LEWilson, then upgraded it to the micro adjuster, stand, and hold down attachment. Problem is you need case holders for each caliber unless they are of the same cartridge family.

I was using the standard manual RCBS trimmer for quite some time. I was seeing witness marks/scraping inside the neck from the guides. I am now using the Lyman Brass Smith Case Trim Xpress. It has sped up the time to trim and am getting better results. Is it the best out there...no, it does have some drawbacks but works just fine for my needs.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.