Manners

Rollinforce

I'm sure this has been asked or discussed before. But I'm stuck between two stocks. Both Manners, I'm stuck between the T4 and T5. I plan on going with mini chassis. This gun is used for hunting and some target shooting. I have no real way to get behind one in my area. So if you have one of these or have shot one please give my your feedback on it or why you would choose one over the other. Is the adjustable cheek piece worth the weight? She weighs 12.2lbs right now. Thanks in advance. Here is the rifle
IMG_0557-1.jpg

I would be interested in what others have to say on this topic. I am also looking to upgraded the stock on my savage rifle. It's a pre-accutrigger gun and would greatly benefit.

The only difference between the T5 and T4 is that T5 is thumb hole, and T4 is not. Otherwise they are the same.

So if you like a thumb hole, go with the T5. If you don't want thumb hole, go with T4. Both stocks are fantastic. Manners all the way.

I have a couple Manners Stocks. I own a T4 and a T3. I have shot and handled the T5.

My first comment is that Manners builds first rate stuff. Having said that, all of their stocks shoot and handle well. The T4 is what I have my competition gun in. I would not personally want to carry it in the hunting woods. Though hunting is different for everyone. Where I hunt is between 8200-9200 ft altitude. No motor vehicle access. Foot or horse only. Thus, I'm not particularly thrilled with the idea of carrying a 15 lb rifle and 50lbs of gear in a pack. The T4 and T5 are both great stocks, but they are not light weight.

I ordered a T3 to build my hunting rifle. It's a more traditional look and feel, but shoots great and is very well built. It's significantly lighter and I have a lighter profile barrel in it. It's more carry friendly for 3 hour hikes to the ambush spot.

Good luck. You'll be happy with whatever stock you buy from them. Worse case scenario, you'll put something else in that stock, buy another one and build a different hunting rifle..... I wouldn't be all broke up about that!

If I wanted a hunting stock, it would be a MCS-TA. You still get the good cheek weld, but its much narrower up front, and a lot sleeker/lighter than the T5/T4/T3.

Good looking stick!

Be sure to get it bedded for maximum benefit. I've got a guy that does my work that could get it done for you lickety split. You can send the rifle to me and I'll get it to him for the bed job. I just had him do a manners T4A on a 700 for me. Great work, good prices, fast turn around.

IMG_6852.JPG

$125 to get it done, and you'll probably have it back in a week.

Did you have them install pillars?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.