Manners or McMillan

bkillion28

This may have been gone over before but a lot or what I seen was from a few years ago so i wanted to ask which one is better and why? I'm looking for a stock with an adjustable cheeck piece, action is a bighorn tl3, with a heavy Palma barrel from pacnor in 28 nosler, will be a hunting rifle mainly and maybe shoot some steel every once in awhile rifle so would like a stock that will be good for both, this is my first custom rifle, Thanks

Look at the options and figure out who makes the exact stock you want. Then pick between 2 great companies.

I have a manners on order, because I saw the Scorched Earth elite colorway and that sealed the deal. One may have the stock you want on short order or one may have lower lead time at the moment. I am at 3 months to the day right now, estimate is 5 months.

I'm on my 3rd Mcmillan-only issue is the wait.

Manners is likely in the same class, just never had reason to look.

I have a manners t-4 and a prs-2. Have shot a fair amount behind a mcmillan a-3 with standard fill. The McMillan is heavier than either of my manners and the finish is different. The McMillan molded in colors (only ones I have shot) are a unique finish. It's almost tacky? Very smooth but grips well. Feels almost like old Barbie dolls, before they were just hard plastic. Kinda hard to describe, I like it but haven't ever seen something like it to compare it to. Manners is more typical of a painted/hydro dipped finish.

Can't go wrong either way. I got a good deal on my first manners and liked it enough to pay full price for a second. My only complaint is my sling stud rotates when using a bipod on the prs. Fixing that by putting a rail on it but that is my only issue with the two I have.

Last edited:
I have 2 McMillan stocks and 5 Manners EH-1s. I've drifted towards the Manners, but can't explain just why. I do like having the same stock from rifle to rifle. Not much difference, both are above the rest.

I have 2 McM (Game Scout & Adj Game Warden) and 4 Manners (EH1, EH2, T2A, PRS2). All are great. I will be ordering a Manners EH4 soon for a lightweight build I have in the works.

I have had 5 Manners Stocks and 1 McMillan. Everyone says both are nice. They are. However, every stock I've received from was not only exceptionally well made, but I Received each of them about 4 weeks sooner than what I was promised. The prices are really great for the tremendous value and performance you receive. And on top of it all, Tom and his crew are 1st rate folks. You can stop by the shop and he'll show you around and you can see the process at work.

Manners composite Stocks all the way. Great Foks, Great Product, Great Price, Great Turn around Time.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts