Manners vs Mcmillan

DXHI

Which one and why. Going on the 300 RUM…so far talking with CS manners seems to edge out

Both are top tier. I use Manners and love em. If I started with McMillan, I would probably be a McMillan fan instead of Manners. I love the EH-1 and EH-2 from Manners. Can't go wrong with either.

I really like my McMillan A3 Sporter on my 300 RUM. My only complaint is the throat (grip area) is too thick for me. If the Manners is thinner in this area I would be up for trying it.

Manners has taken the shooting community by storm lately. They have a fantastic product, but with the amount of backorders the have, quality control can suffer as a result. Out of the 6-8 stocks I have purchased from them in the last 2 years, 3 of them have had slight cosmetic issues that had to be addressed. McMillan has a rock solid product that just flat out works and very rarely has QC issues. The main reason I go with manners is the rigidity in their stocks. Mcmillan's seem to have a little more flex in them. Just be prepared for longer wait times, and possibly some cosmetic issues (most likely not). Either way it's really up to your personal preference on ergonomics and colors. Both are great products. The only gripe I have these days are the price of them. ***, some of the stocks cost as much as a custom action??????

Manners has taken the shooting community by storm lately. They have a fantastic product, but with the amount of backorders the have, quality control can suffer as a result. Out of the 6-8 stocks I have purchased from them in the last 2 years, 3 of them have had slight cosmetic issues that had to be addressed. McMillan has a rock solid product that just flat out works and very rarely has QC issues. The main reason I go with manners is the rigidity in their stocks. Mcmillan's seem to have a little more flex in them. Just be prepared for longer wait times, and possibly some cosmetic issues (most likely not). Either way it's really up to your personal preference on ergonomics and colors. Both are great products. The only gripe I have these days are the price of them.

***, some of the stocks cost as much as a custom action??????

Hear! Hear!

As others have said, can't go wrong with either. I live in the Kansas City area so I tend to lean more towards Manners as they are local.

I have the Manners T5a stock on my 300 Rum I like it a lot.My 338 Norma that Keith at Phoenix Customs Rifles is building for me is getting a Mcmillan A3 Sporter.I really like the feel of it to but it was not put together.You can't go wrong with either stock.Thats what makes it so much FUN buiding a custom rifle always thinking which way to go with it.Good luck on your build.

I also live in KC area. I work in KC. I can see Manners and GA precision from my hotel window!

In a few weeks, I will be stopping by on the way home from work to pick up my new stock in forest camo!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.