Manners Stocks

pwrdbycotn

I am considering changing the stock and barrel on a gun that is heavier than I would like for it to be. All of the custom guns I have built over the years wear McMillan stocks but I am just tired of the wait. With that said, I haven't called Manners yet to see what their build time is on a stock. In the past, I have heard stories about Manners no being up to par on their inletting. I'm wondering if that has changed recently. I really like the looks and weights of their new elite hunter stocks and am wanting to put one on this particular gun. So, I am looking for feedback pertaining to their quality and lead times. The particular stock I am looking at is a MCS-EH3, 100% carbon fiber. Please advise.

pwrdbycotn,

Tom's website states that this is in stock at the moment. A call Monday morning though will confirm this statement. Bear in mind that Monday mornings are usually the busiest times for major suppliers...

MCS-EH3

As to additional wait times, Tom's stocks have rapidly gained favor in the synthetic stock industry so you can expect 3-6 months for a stock depending on where they are in the production schedule when you order.

Every manufacturer will get a black eye on occasion due to the nature of people and the ease of slamming someone on the internet. Manufacturers are also capable of making mistakes on occasion, no one is perfect. I think I have 6 of his stocks right now and I haven't had a reason to complain about quality or inletting. I prefer the EH1 for an all-purpose stock because it fits me better than the others. YMMV.

Regards.

I have a manners t4-a and its a nice rifle stock but i just dont think it was worth the money. Probably wont buy another. I did have to do some trimming to the inlet as my rem 700 would not slide in with the trigger and the barrel contour was too small for a lilja #7

My bell and carlson, fit better, handles recoil better, is fully adjustable, comes with a bedding block, required no trimming and shot just as well for much cheaper.

I have two Manners T5's, the wait time for the first was 4mos (IIRC) WITHOUT inletting. The second was purchased with the Mini-Chassis & without wait time.

Quality wise, they're top tier. Ergonomic wise, I still prefer the McM A-5. There are several distributors who stock both flavors of stocks. Have you sourced what you're looking for or do you always order from the manufacturer?

You may have to compromise a bit but for me, I won't wait 6mos for a stock, ever.

t

I got an EH-3 in 5 months recently. I have 2 more stocks on order from them JUST because I was so impressed with their work. I ordered them the day after my EH-3 came. Their work was just THAT good.

You can't go wrong with Manners.

The EH stocks are light, I was originally going with a Bartlein #4 barrel, but changed to a #3 to get the rifle to balance to my preferences.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.