Magpro in a RUM?

I was going to get some as my LGS had lots of it in stock but after looking over charts with burn rates and temperature stability rates, I found magpro was not very good with temperature stability actually one of the worst so I scrapped that idea quick
That's what I was told too, but I have very good experience with it and loaded up at $28 a pound. Now Scheels cannot keep them on their shelves at $48. 😂

Last edited:
It maybe so, but it is clearly being used effectively on non-short mag cartridges.

View attachment 523184

I forgot, I also use it on my .257 WBY and 145 Black Hole bullets.
You bet. All three .257, .270, and 7MM very similar in case capacity to the WSM's. You can add rem 7 and win 264 o the list too. Magpro also is a good powder for the old .270win with 140's. Very useful powder IMO.

You guys have me nervous now, I worked up at 45*. I do all my hunting in fall/winter so I'll likely be okay but I think I better check during summer just in case. I found a chart showing 1.1fps/degree, which is lower than RL25. A ton of dudes run RL25 in magnums and don't sweat the temp sensitivity. I'll probably be alright

You guys have me nervous now, I worked up at 45*. I do all my hunting in fall/winter so I'll likely be okay but I think I better check during summer just in case. I found a chart showing 1.1fps/degree, which is lower than RL25. A ton of dudes run RL25 in magnums and don't sweat the temp sensitivity. I'll probably be alright
The load I'm using bin my 270 WSM with 175gr Sierra TGK hasn't show bad red flag pressure signs from 90° to 20° with Magpro

The load I'm using bin my 270 WSM with 175gr Sierra TGK hasn't show bad red flag pressure signs from 90° to 20° with Magpro
Are you loaded near max? I'm right at Bergers max, but a grain below nosler max. I never found real pressure other than really minor primer flattening and am running about .5 grain below the hottest load I tested.

Thanks.

I was liking the spherical aspect but not if it has pressure issues.

Anyone else?
I don't know what you would call issues it's just going up my ladder. Everything was going fine then with just another small step I got heavy bolt lift, and flattened primers. also, this was during the warmer months, not during hunting season.

Recent Posts