Magpro in a RUM?

Are you loaded near max? I'm right at Bergers max, but a grain below nosler max. I never found real pressure other than really minor primer flattening and am running about .5 grain below the hottest load I tested.
Are you loaded near max? I'm right at Bergers max, but a grain below nosler max. I never found real pressure other than really minor primer flattening and am running about .5 grain below the hottest load I tested.
When I did load development on this rifle was two years ago and there was no data for 170 or 175 gr bullets for a 270 WSM. Called Berger and the tech and I were on the phone for 45 minutes and used 6.8 data and went from there. Tried different powders and settled on MagPro 65.3 with the 175gr Sierra TGK

Little heavy recoil for NRL Hunter isn't it? You must have a 15 lb 15 oz rifle with a monster break on it. No problem hitting power factor though
I shoot a stock Browning Hell's Canyon LR weighing just over 10 pounds with scope and bipod. Recoil is very manageable.

I don't know what you would call issues it's just going up my ladder. Everything was going fine then with just another small step I got heavy bolt lift, and flattened primers. also, this was during the warmer months, not during hunting season.
I'd rather not risk it. If it was the only powder available- maybe- but anymore that isnt the case.

Magpro was designed for short mags and is one of the best in a 270 WSM. It is a little fast in a 300 RUM. Best with lighter bullet weights. Might work very well with hammers. That being said, the slower Ramshot Magnum is excellent in a 300 RUM. I use it when I cannot get Retumbo, which is IMO the best powder in most cases for a RUM Q
With it being a bit fast in the RUM's, would be just right using the Absolute Hammers, they need a bit faster powder.......JMHO