magneto V1 problem

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by 87predator, May 12, 2014.

1. 87predator

87predator Well-Known Member

Ok guys, let me start by saying I love mine. I've used it before with no problems, but my new rifle showed up and can not get any readings. It is an aluminum tensioned 1" dia. My first thought, it is too big. I'm 22 cal 75gr H-BTHP. If that is the case, would the V3 solve this, and can I still use it for my sporter barrel rifles?

Thanks gents.

2. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

I use the V1 with 1" bull barrels. To get readings, I have to adjust the trigger threshold for the sensors. Threshold range is (2-20). I use 005 for 1" barrels and it works fine.

Also the V1 comes with two different rubber shims that set the distance of the bayonne from the barrel. I use the smaller one for bull barrels.

3. dig

dig Well-Known Member

Have never had to use the trigger setting but glad to hear about that option. The provided shims seem to work great. Just check your spacing to the bore with the guide provided. Also call if issues great people to work with.

4. FearNoWind

FearNoWind Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "an aluminum tensioned 1" dia."?

5. 87predator

87predator Well-Known Member

Instead of being carbon fiber tensioned, it is tensioned with an aluminum tube, and it is 1 inch in diameter.