Magneto V3 or LabRadar

dbohntr

I have already read some of the older similar threads but want to pose the question again regarding the V3. It is $380 and does not appear to need anything else. The Radar is 600 and many people say you still have to buy extras. Is it worth the extra $220+?
I will be shooting with a suppressor which is why I picked the V3 vs the sporter model.

Thanks in Advance

With the LabRadar, you will need a tripod or similar mount. I have like $30 in mine.

With a suppressor, I believe you will need a recoil trigger. A quick web search says $35.

I wanted a rechargeable battery and cord….$20

I wanted a case. I modified/cut foam in an old pistol case…..free.

The ability to shoot poa and with good groups while measuring velocity on each shot is worth it to me. I think both are similar accuracy from what I see.

LabRadar also works with pistol too, if that helps.

I went with Labradar because I shoot bows, pistols, air rifles, and rifles etc. Also reload and make my own arrows. So for me, it was versatility.

Guess I`ll be the odd man out. I have the MS and have read many horror stories on the LR. Have even seen a few that the owners were so fed up with not recording shots, that they were shot, lit on fire, or drop kicked. And have also read of people having zero issues with the LR. my .02

Thanks for the feedback so far. More information- while I love shooting my pistols, I have never once wondered how fast those bullets were flying and I dont see that changing in the near future. I do more archery hunting and shooting than anything but flinging arrows is not like doing load development and I own a 20+ year old beta chrony that still works when it wants to. It's not a big deal to go pull an arrow and shoot again when trying to acquire data but it's frustrating when you shoot bullets and don't get your data.
Nobody seems to complain about the magneto and while I am sure the Labrador works for the majority, it sure does seem to **** a lot of people off too.
I am still waiting for someone to talk me into spending the extra 250.

Thanks in advance

Guess I`ll be the odd man out. I have the MS and have read many horror stories on the LR. Have even seen a few that the owners were so fed up with not recording shots, that they were shot, lit on fire, or drop kicked. And have also read of people having zero issues with the LR. my .02
Anybody that would destroy a Labrador out of frustration, well, that tells me all I need to know.

Thanks for the feedback so far. More information- while I love shooting my pistols, I have never once wondered how fast those bullets were flying and I dont see that changing in the near future. I do more archery hunting and shooting than anything but flinging arrows is not like doing load development and I own a 20+ year old beta chrony that still works when it wants to. It's not a big deal to go pull an arrow and shoot again when trying to acquire data but it's frustrating when you shoot bullets and don't get your data.
Nobody seems to complain about the magneto and while I am sure the Labrador works for the majority, it sure does seem to **** a lot of people off too.
I am still waiting for someone to talk me into spending the extra 250.

Thanks in advance
After using the old sky screen types for years, and getting super frustrated. I bit the bullet and went Labradar. Added the recoil trigger and MK Machining after market sight, and been tickled with it. I have no experience with the magneto speed. For me with limited time, and the old systems ****ing me off with missed shots if the light was not perfect. So the time factor, component factor and not changing POI it made sense to spend the extra $. The only other thing extra I will do down the road is power source.

My 2 cents.

PH

I have both and use the LR 99% of the time. I did have an issue with it after a few months where it stopped recording anything and their CS was fantastic. They sent me a refurb and a new one both of which had the same issue. I'll now blame something having changed at the range but I have no idea what. I bought another about a year later and have never had an issue. Once you get the setup down and use a recoil trigger 100% of the time most every issue is a non-issue.

The MS does change POI so you'll have trouble using it for both accuracy and velocity gathering at the same time.

I have the ms v3 and I'm completely happy with its ease of use but I also see the advantages of the lab radar. The ms will cause a shift in poi to some extent on most barrels so I have to adjust zero once I have the data I need. It would be nice not having to deal with that but it's not deal breaker for me.

I've had both. I liked the magneto at first. But eventually sold it and got a lab radar because I got a good deal on one. Definetly much nicer. I won't go back now.
But the magneto worked just fine while I and it.

It's all in what you want to spend.

Justin

I bought the LabRadar for use with the variety of options that we need: rifles, handguns, archery, etc.

I've had to buy a few extras over time, and likely could use a couple more (recoil trigger could be real nice to have), but I think it is well worth every penny.

I also bought an Apache case from Harbor Freight to keep it safe. I also believe that minor cost (especially after a coupon!) was certainly worth the cost. Everything I need all in one quick to grab package.

Attachments

• 2FC1F5EE-AB2D-4CF3-AC93-FC88EBDA8AD6.jpeg
    2FC1F5EE-AB2D-4CF3-AC93-FC88EBDA8AD6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • E5DEC534-1889-4B31-97C9-35F26259B4C0.jpeg
    E5DEC534-1889-4B31-97C9-35F26259B4C0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 09EFEDAA-6742-4471-9C80-70659A55159B.jpeg
    09EFEDAA-6742-4471-9C80-70659A55159B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
LabRadar! They're customer service is very good. No complaints. Had some early issues but it was operator issues. I've gotten a bunch of aftermarket add ons but that doesn't bother me-trigger, sight, battery pack. Zero complaints