Magneto V3 or LabRadar

I bought the LabRadar for use with the variety of options that we need: rifles, handguns, archery, etc.

I've had to buy a few extras over time, and likely could use a couple more (recoil trigger could be real nice to have), but I think it is well worth every penny.

I also bought an Apache case from Harbor Freight to keep it safe. I also believe that minor cost (especially after a coupon!) was certainly worth the cost. Everything I need all in one quick to grab package.
I have the exact same case for mine LOL

I have used both and prefer the labradar over ms, that being said I own a ms and not a lr only because I bought the ms first. I also went ahead and bought a $135 wiser precision chrono mount for my ms. With components so expensive and hard to get its the only way to go for load development if extreme accuracy is what youre after and want to shoot groups while obtaining speed. The barrel mount ms was erratic on accuracy for me. If I didn't already have the ms I would not hesitate to buy a lr as it is a more flexible unit. The only downfall to the lr is if you dont have a trigger switch and are shooting at a range it will likely pick up other shots of people shooting next to you. Easy $35 fix tho.

I've had the Labradar for a couple of years now. There was a learning curve associated with using it at first, and I did add some aftermarket items that raised the price, but I'm happy with it now.

You don't need a sighting device for it -- just looking through the V notch is good enough. You also don't need an external battery -- get some rechargeable AA cells and a charger and remember two charge them after every range trip.

I did get an external trigger, and it occasionally makes my life difficult by being triggered when I work the bolt, but I think the latest software upgrade (not yet installed) will take care of that.

Big thing about the Labradar is that I arrive at the range, put up a tripod, attach it to the top, and connect the trigger to my rifle and it's ready to go. Hard to beat that. It will also give you velocity in increment all the way to the target if you're looking for BC on your bullets.

I have both
Magnetospeed -
Pros :
Less expensive
Measures over 3900f/s
Intuitive to use
Very accurate
Records shots 99% of the time
Cons :
Hangs on the barrel changing point of impact
I bought an aftermarket MS holder. It works great if your rifles are in a chassis or have a factory Picatinny rail built into the fore end

Labradar -
Pros:
It doesn't attach to your rifle
It's as accurate as the MS
Cons:
More expensive. A lot more
Especially after you add the following. Which I did to make the unit record 90% of the time
Add these items-
Tripod
Recoil trigger
Battery & holder
Aiming device..I tried them all
The red dot with holder works
Doesn't record over 3900ft/sec
Not intuitive to use
False readings due to recoil trigger "feeling" your chambering a round
User error because it wasn't armed or ran out of time being armed

It's your decision
Make it wisely 😊

Thanks for the feedback so far. More information- while I love shooting my pistols, I have never once wondered how fast those bullets were flying and I dont see that changing in the near future. I do more archery hunting and shooting than anything but flinging arrows is not like doing load development and I own a 20+ year old beta chrony that still works when it wants to. It's not a big deal to go pull an arrow and shoot again when trying to acquire data but it's frustrating when you shoot bullets and don't get your data.
Nobody seems to complain about the magneto and while I am sure the Labrador works for the majority, it sure does seem to **** a lot of people off too.
I am still waiting for someone to talk me into spending the extra 250.

Thanks in advance
Not sure what you would spend the extra $250 on?

I purchased LabRadar with rechergable battery, case, and a trigger that has a magnet I place on my bottom metal. Already had a small tripod ($50) Don't remember how much the case was. Trigger with mag bracket was about $40. I also use the free app on my iPad ($399) with stand up bracket ($35) at the range. The only time it doesn't pick up the FPS is when I forget to arm it ( turn it on). It is so sensitive I turn it off and on between shots because it picks up the bolt movement as a reading. Other than that it works every time for me. Love the ES and SD as feedback to any change in my reloading process. I have no other experience with other forms of chronograph. There certainly is room for improvement with LabRadar. Oh yea, also spent $75,000 for an F-250 to transport it to the range.

I use a cheap orange HF hard case for my LabRadar and the Bog Pod with pan and tilt head. I do have the trigger and aftermarket aiming device, other than that, nothing else needed.
What did you use for aiming device ?
What is the trigger?

Is the distance from muzzle the same for all calibers?
I have tri pod and battery but not used it yet. Jim

I have had a labradar for 3 years with zero issues. I guess its possible to get a bad unit. I can see where it might have issues detecting shots of very high speed very small calibers. I love you dont have anything hanging on end of barrel. For me it makes load developement so much easier.
And I was previously a magneto speed user. And its a good system, but I had to shoot double shots. Once to get speed and another to get POA groups. I think that alone has paid for the difference in cost of the 2 units. HTH's

LabRadar is the way to go; did add an external battery pack some 30-35.00. tripod from old camera stand , also got the base plate that was what ?? don't remember. it does a super job and they just added a newer app got the notice the other day .
I love mine use mine all the time working up loads of just shooting and recording all info weather, temp, humidity, altitude and how my loads react. Due most of my shooting up state N.Y.. snow belt Margretsville / Roxbury area. Also use indoor range for my pistol loads. during the winter/ snow/cold/

I bought the LabRadar for use with the variety of options that we need: rifles, handguns, archery, etc.

I've had to buy a few extras over time, and likely could use a couple more (recoil trigger could be real nice to have), but I think it is well worth every penny.

I also bought an Apache case from Harbor Freight to keep it safe. I also believe that minor cost (especially after a coupon!) was certainly worth the cost. Everything I need all in one quick to grab package.
This looks great! 4800, correct? Where does one find coupons??? Thanks,

What is the trigger?

Trigger is JKL Precision $35. I use the magnet and stick it on my bottom metal. It also works on my bipod. This ends all missed shots works 100% of the time.

What is the trigger?

The JKL trigger and MK Machining aiming device. I set it up at the club and try to get it exactly the same every time, still playing with it and learning the ins and outs. I have had issues with the muzzle brake giving me erroneous readings. I need to come up with something that I can attach to the bench to block gasses affecting the readings. I just haven't went on YouTube to see what others are doing. This spring will be when I get serious about developing loads for the 2 rifles I will be using in the near future.

I tried several tripods, the Bog Pog with the swivel head and Arca mount has been the most stable for me.