• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED LRH Members Beware

Another tool I have used before is the Google reverse image search. Just reverse search the pictures that are provided by the scmmer and they will usually come up on someone else's site or listing. Once that happens you know that he is using someone else's imaged and means he doesn't own the merchandise.

morning, the purchase policy on gunbroker is that a purchase

is not honored by a member, gunbroker will cover $500 of the purchase.

u have to wait 30 days after the purchase to file a complaint.

the board on gunbroker decides on the return action. the return

action took 3 months. u have to b to push the issue. THK. ulightbulb:)gun)

NOTE: never had another problem with a purchase on gunbroker.

I performed any actions after this incident!!

Unfortunately I had this happen to me a few years ago. I agreed to purchase a Rem 700 VLS in 6mm for $800.00 shipped. The honest gentleman cashed my check and never sent me the rifle. I contacted my local police who in turn filed a complaint with his local police. They made contact with the person, but told me that I had to file a civil case against him. Gun was paid for with a Wells Fargo bank certified check, absolutely nothing you can do once it's cashed. I live in Idaho and the seller who took my money lived in Illinois. It would cost me more in attorney fee's than the $800.00 I lost. Wish i could have flown out there myself and took a knee for cost of goods.

Live and learn. No one, and i mean no one is out there to protect us. Due diligence if it feels wrong, it's probably wrong.

I have retained quite an exhausting e-mail conversation history. That MAY or may not constitute intent to commit fraud on the part of the seller. I am not an expert in the field of theft over state lines. But......somebody sure as heck is!

Scary instances like what you describe is why I am more than happy to pay a 3% upcharge by using my credit card. Ive had my card number stolen, I've had people not ship goods, and people ship broken goods. Every single time I have gotten a refund from my bank, and in a timely manner. Filed a simple dispute, and gotten it taken care of. As a seller I will take any method and then wait for it to clear before shipping, but as a buyer, I will only use credit card or Paypal unless I'm friends with the person and dealt with them before. Even Paypal I opt to eat the 3% upcharge on to keep myself protected. Even $10 extra for insurance against these headaches is worth it. YMMV.

I have found several items on this forum which appeared a good deal that I passed on. I look at number of posts, length of membership and subject of their posts. If only a member for a short time, few posts which are mostly sales, I'll pass on the purchase. I've bought and sold several items here, but all were top notch transactions. This thread has shown the presence of more dishonest people than many imagined.
CAVEAT EMPTOR

Scary instances like what you describe is why I am more than happy to pay a 3% upcharge by using my credit card. Ive had my card number stolen, I've had people not ship goods, and people ship broken goods. Every single time I have gotten a refund from my bank, and in a timely manner. Filed a simple dispute, and gotten it taken care of. As a seller I will take any method and then wait for it to clear before shipping, but as a buyer, I will only use credit card or Paypal unless I'm friends with the person and dealt with them before. Even Paypal I opt to eat the 3% upcharge on to keep myself protected. Even $10 extra for insurance against these headaches is worth it. YMMV.

Only paypal will be of no help when you tell them the item in question is a firearm.

Only paypal will be of no help when you tell them the item in question is a firearm.

True for most firearms parts, but it is beneficial for other goods. Also should be good for that new scope you bought for your airsoft or paintball gun (and as such is not a firearm part) :cool: