LR PD Pics

He is shooting a 34" x 1.45 dia keriger BBL chambered in .338 Lapua Mag Improved. Whole gun weighs 52 pounds. It is sitting in a Bill Shehane stock with the same blue and pink coloration as the one pictured above. He calls it the MOAG or Mother of all Guns hence the remark about yours being the MOAP or Mother of all Pistols.

mewithgun.jpg

scan0001.jpg

4ked Horn,
Are you the one hand holding the MOAG or are you the one that... [ QUOTE ]
...and I shot that deer with my .270 at a range of 800 yards. I shot it offhand and just laid the crosshairs level with its back.

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Come on, don't ignore me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well now you know I'm not the guy who is in the picture.

The nincompoop was about 50 pounds heavier than Gonehuntingagain but about 6 inches shorter. The funny part that is not in my signature line is that he was out of breath from his strenuous walk to the hunting section of the store. I don't believe he could hold a gun steady enough for an off hand shot to the shoe department much less a half mile shot in the great outdoors. Not to mention the simple fact that his bullet was dropping at the rate of about 15 inches for every 25 yards his yardage estimate was off. And at 800 yards it was hitting about 14 feet low from a 100 yard zero. Or there abouts.

Nope, wasn't me.

gonehuntingagain,
forky,
Thank you gentlemen for clearing that up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the pics and info.
It took me awhile before I understood the MOAP, thanks for explaining.
Wow, his barrel is twice as long as my 6.5-284.
I do like that stock too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Eric Wallace has what he calls the 338 Nawakawa (spelling), which is in essence a 338 Lapua improved on a rear grip BAT action (18 inch barrel). I shot it a couple of times last fall up at Iowa's 1k IBS match and the recoil was not bad at all(had a muzzle brake). He was shooting 300 SMK's out of it. He also shot it in the handgun class there at Pella, IA.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.