Who would be interested in a LR Specialty Pistol PD Shoot?

Ernie

SPONSOR
Who would be seriously interested in a 3 day LR Specialty Handgun PD shoot near Pueblo, Colorado?
This would take place in 2007.
Since it is a LR PD shoot we would make no attempts under 399 yards. It would be in a target rich environment, but they don't have the same ring as steel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. There would be a limit on the number of shooters (not yet decided).
If you are a member of the Varmint Hunter Magazine it would be a good opportunity to make the 500 yard club and the 1000 yard club (And don't forget the 1500 or 2000 yd club /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) with a specialty handgun.

ME!
I just got my barrel wrench from Rich today for my MOA. Now I have to ship the action in for the 6.5x284 barrel job OH BOY!

XP,

I would love to come down and join in on the fun but I do not think I will have time to get away. Work load is picking up to the point all my vacation time will be during big game season and thats about it.

Sounds like a good time though.

Kirby Allen(50)

Hey xp ,

I've wanted a xp-100 for long time.
Bought a cz 221 fireball and a xr-100 22-250 in the last couple of years and like them both real well.
Anyway after seeing the savage striker pistols w/ the left hand bolt it seems like it would be more ergonomic than the remington.
What are you'alls opinions on the better pistol action ?

I'm right handed by the way.
Also are the long eye relief scopes -NOT- the way to go now-days ? Thanks -Mike

Kirby,
Love to have you, but I understand. One problem with building guns and getting good at it, is that it limits you from shooting/hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike,
The only negative about the Striker is the trigger. Even worked on they don't suit, me, but you can still get .5" groups or even better @ 100 when built right.
I'm a southpaw so I prefer the XP (single-shot) and usually center-grip, unless it is a dedicatred BR pistol.
I have been using rifle scopes for awhile and they have advantages and disadvantages depending on cartridge selection, weight, primary purpose, etc.
Hate to be wishy washy on this but it is the best answer I can give until I had a better idea of what you would want to do with it. I have more 3-12 Burris LER's W/BP reticle than anything else.
Give me a better idea of what you are thinking of.

We will keep you informed as hard info becomes available.
What kind(s) of specialty pistol do you have?

xp ,

I think something like a 17 mach 4 -for pd's/jackrabbits would be my intentions.
Big rifle box's in airports stink.Just thought a pistol would make a good 3rd gun. Mike

My hunintg buddy Steve (sscoyote) has a 17 Mach IV XP. He also has a 20 BR. Did I get it right Steve?
They are a lot of fun for sure.

Well, it looks like we are going to have our LR specialty pistol PD shoot in the first part of October of 2007.
We will limit the shoot to no more than 12 shooters (we are thinking maybe even 10).
The number of people will depend on the #'s we are allowed by the land owners.

Got it right. the 20 BR is brand new, and hasn't got any rounds down it yet, and the .17 Mach IV is my coyote fur/pr. dog gun, and is great for intermediate range pr. dogs.

The ranch we'll be shooting at is about 50,000 acres 30 min.-1hr. from Pueblo (west to east). About 10 pr. dog towns on it, 1 is about virgin, but has to be hiked to, and several are BIG towns.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.