Loss of Love for Leupold, New scope time.

March 2.5-25x52mm is what you are looking for, great glass, perfect tracking, and light weight. Lots of threads discussing them on here.
+1 on this. I have the 3-24X42F version of this scope on my mountain rifle. Tough as balls, light weight, and glass better than anything mentioned on here so far with the exception of S&B. My only complaint is that the fine MOA reticle has super fine cross hairs and are a tad hard to see when I am at low zoom if it is dawn or dusk. At full zoom they are perfect and they don't cover up much of the target. If that is an issue for you, go SFP and dial for windage and elev.

Long of the short, my VX6 HD took a dump at the moment of truth and I missed a 370" bull. Looking for something that can track, and handle the minor bumps of a mountain hunting rifle( I don't expect any scope to get tomahawked and hold zero) and maintain zero. Would prefer to keep it under 28 oz... I know its nothing special and the glass in the VX6HD is much better but my 6-24 gen1 one PST has never failed me in 7 years of hard mountain hunting and its had its fair share of accidental spills(like falling down the mountain with it strapped to my pack) and never shifted more than an inch off zero after even the biggest mishap on the mountain. So basically looking for the reliability and weight I've experienced with that scope but looking to upgrade to better glass and turrets while not being heavy. I've looked at the Zeiss v4&v6 The Mark 5, NX8 and a few others. I want at least 18 if not more 20-25 on the top end. What lighter scopes have you guys had good luck with and recommend? I'll give up a little in glass for durability but it would be nice to have my cake and eat it too.
I sold both my VX6 and replaced with the March 2.5-25x52. Glass is great and reliability and tracking are there without added weight.

Give Vortex a try, you'll be glad you did. They come with a lifetime warranty in the event that you would need it. I have a couple of them and one is on a big bore rifle and with everything I put it through it is still dead on.

Long of the short, my VX6 HD took a dump at the moment of truth and I missed a 370" bull. Looking for something that can track, and handle the minor bumps of a mountain hunting rifle( I don't expect any scope to get tomahawked and hold zero) and maintain zero. Would prefer to keep it under 28 oz... I know its nothing special and the glass in the VX6HD is much better but my 6-24 gen1 one PST has never failed me in 7 years of hard mountain hunting and its had its fair share of accidental spills(like falling down the mountain with it strapped to my pack) and never shifted more than an inch off zero after even the biggest mishap on the mountain. So basically looking for the reliability and weight I've experienced with that scope but looking to upgrade to better glass and turrets while not being heavy. I've looked at the Zeiss v4&v6 The Mark 5, NX8 and a few others. I want at least 18 if not more 20-25 on the top end. What lighter scopes have you guys had good luck with and recommend? I'll give up a little in glass for durability but it would be nice to have my cake and eat it too.
If you want something more durable, go with the Mark 5 HD. If you still want something you can throw off a cliff, go with open sights.

Nightforce SHV 56MM top mag is 20 and weighs at 29 oz's . never failed me , however my favorite is the Nightforce ATAC-R MOA Reticle . Mr. Backus sells them by the way and they are great people to deal with ! Call Andy Backus he can help you out .

What actually happened to the scope? You're sending it back, for what? What is wrong with it. A poi shift is almost always in thr base or ring screws, not the scope. I'd like to know what happened to it?

Realizing the responses are now 4 pages deep, Ill keep it brief.

Was a hard core Leupold guy for more than a decade. The more I learned to push my equipment, the more I learned Leupold wasn't as reliable as I once thought. Poor tracking was my main issue followed by loss of zero on occasion.

I switched to NF and have never looked back!

I have 2 Zeiss HD-5 Conquests- BEST glass for the money if you can find them. The Z6 have to be as good or better than the HD-5's. Good luck!

I've got two too many Zeiss V6
5x 30 ... great glass and make you a better deal than you can get anywhere. Funding hunt back to Africa
Call or private message to discuss... i absolutely hate you lost your opportunity...I give up on leupold years ago
Good luck

Attachments

• 20201208_194003.jpg
    20201208_194003.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 127