Time for new spotting scope.

87predator

I am in the market for a new spotter. Looking at 65 obj range. Swaro are not out of the question. Give me your comparisons or preferences and why. I have been researching swaro, and kowa. This will be mainly to throw in a pack. I do want to upgrade my 80mm obj in the future as well. As always thank you guys in advance for the help.

Take a look at the NightForce scope; we just switched to it from the big boosted Kowa for its sharpness. I could be wrong, but I think its made by Meopta, and relabeled. But you should try to compare all candidates at the same time. Hard to do, but worth it.

Just switched from Leupold Gold Ring to Athlon Eres. I feel clarity is better. It is a bigger scope but incredibly clear for under $1000.

I have the Athlon Ares also it's my first spotting scope but I have looked through a few others. I feel for the price there's no way you can beat it. I opted for the 15-45x65 thinking I may put the reticle eye piece on it some day, or maybe they come out with an MOA one then I would for sure.
That being said if you can justify a swaro I'd prob go that route

High dollar= Zeis
Low dollar= Athlon (two friends have these and are happy with them)

KOWA Prominar TSN 663m is what I ended up buying after looking through them all in the 65mm range and I'm not a bit sorry. I also have serval other Kowa's, the 88mm and a TSN 82SV that I use on the line in F-Class matches. There is a reason they have been in business all these years, they are the ones that developed most the designs for modern day spotting scopes. Most our Navy ships before,during WWll were sporting KOWA glass on them

I love my NF spotter, but I will not be throwing it my pack! (I'm old. It's heavy.) I have a Swaro ATS 65mm for the pack. Very nice and stabilizes on a relatively light tripod. Good luck with your purchase!

Take a hard look at Gunwerks Revic spotting scopes. They have what the others don't offer. They have two different lenses that comes with it. First a 22 power fixed MOA Reticle, and 2nd a 27-55x80 power eye piece. The glass is clear and crisp and for what your getting @ $2500 bucks can't be beat. I have owed Vortex top of the line spotter, Swaroski CTS, Tracts TORIC UHD 27-55X80 (Which I'm selling). My .2 worth. Good luck