Loss of Love for Leupold, New scope time.

If you want to keep it light March is the way to go. Been running one for two years now and no issues. Tracks correctly and the zero stop is simple to setup. If you do go with March you may look at the illuminated version because at low light the reticle can hard to see.

Interesting. Had a mishap with my NF NXS a couple times. Bent the elevation turret post once. Had the scope shift off zero 6 moa on the windage the first time. Rezero and good to go but it sure makes you wonder about durability. Since then I have found every one I know at some point has had a mishap and scope issues no matter the brand.

This is like the third issue I've heard about with the vx6 line. I know Ryan Avery on rock slide had a similar issue with his. I love my leupolds and never had a problem but it sure does make you wonder. 370 bull would live in my nightmares forever!!!
Guiding with horses I learned a fair bit about scope issues. Seem like at least 1x a season we'd have a decent mishap and we would stop our hunt to check zero. Usually that is all we needed to do to be back track but occasionally a scope would literally have the internals come apart and it was useless.

Failure to hold zero. Two in the upper right are where it was at hundred yards with the scope set at zero stops. after I missed that bull. Third shot is center high after I adjusted back before moving back to confirm 200 zero. Ran around the mountain for roughly a week, with it on my pack carrying it in my hand and busting brush. The only so called "mishap" it had was it fell off my shooting sticks and landed on my upper shin/knee pad while sitting glassing.
I have had this happen before as well over the years on a few guns, always turned out to be a bedding or action torque issue or a loose base and not an actual mechanical problem inside scope

Long of the short, my VX6 HD took a dump at the moment of truth and I missed a 370" bull. Looking for something that can track, and handle the minor bumps of a mountain hunting rifle( I don't expect any scope to get tomahawked and hold zero) and maintain zero. Would prefer to keep it under 28 oz... I know its nothing special and the glass in the VX6HD is much better but my 6-24 gen1 one PST has never failed me in 7 years of hard mountain hunting and its had its fair share of accidental spills(like falling down the mountain with it strapped to my pack) and never shifted more than an inch off zero after even the biggest mishap on the mountain. So basically looking for the reliability and weight I've experienced with that scope but looking to upgrade to better glass and turrets while not being heavy. I've looked at the Zeiss v4&v6 The Mark 5, NX8 and a few others. I want at least 18 if not more 20-25 on the top end. What lighter scopes have you guys had good luck with and recommend? I'll give up a little in glass for durability but it would be nice to have my cake and eat it too.
Military grade nightforce and never look baack