Loss of Love for Leupold, New scope time.

Long of the short, my VX6 HD took a dump at the moment of truth and I missed a 370" bull. Looking for something that can track, and handle the minor bumps of a mountain hunting rifle( I don't expect any scope to get tomahawked and hold zero) and maintain zero. Would prefer to keep it under 28 oz... I know its nothing special and the glass in the VX6HD is much better but my 6-24 gen1 one PST has never failed me in 7 years of hard mountain hunting and its had its fair share of accidental spills(like falling down the mountain with it strapped to my pack) and never shifted more than an inch off zero after even the biggest mishap on the mountain. So basically looking for the reliability and weight I've experienced with that scope but looking to upgrade to better glass and turrets while not being heavy. I've looked at the Zeiss v4&v6 The Mark 5, NX8 and a few others. I want at least 18 if not more 20-25 on the top end. What lighter scopes have you guys had good luck with and recommend? I'll give up a little in glass for durability but it would be nice to have my cake and eat it too.
Check out the gen2 pst. The glass is better than the gen1 as well eye relief.

You said that your Vortex pst had not failed you in 7 years of mountain hunting why would not look at vortex as a replacement for the Leopold with a up grade razor light 20.5 oz

Long of the short, my VX6 HD took a dump at the moment of truth and I missed a 370" bull. Looking for something that can track, and handle the minor bumps of a mountain hunting rifle( I don't expect any scope to get tomahawked and hold zero) and maintain zero. Would prefer to keep it under 28 oz... I know its nothing special and the glass in the VX6HD is much better but my 6-24 gen1 one PST has never failed me in 7 years of hard mountain hunting and its had its fair share of accidental spills(like falling down the mountain with it strapped to my pack) and never shifted more than an inch off zero after even the biggest mishap on the mountain. So basically looking for the reliability and weight I've experienced with that scope but looking to upgrade to better glass and turrets while not being heavy. I've looked at the Zeiss v4&v6 The Mark 5, NX8 and a few others. I want at least 18 if not more 20-25 on the top end. What lighter scopes have you guys had good luck with and recommend? I'll give up a little in glass for durability but it would be nice to have my cake and eat it too.
Was your Vortex the Viper? Have you considered upgrading to the Razor line. I ask only because you had good experience with Vortex in the past. I'm not attempting to compare the Razor line to anything else (Niteforce, Zeiss, S&B) but if you check out the the glass, maybe you would be pleased. I'll check, but I think the Vortex Razor, Niteforce and several other well made scopes are made at the Light Optics Works in Japan.
the best website for info on who makes what and where https://sageratsafaris.com/category/optics-oem/

I like the size and weight of leupold and have had good luck with customer service after I dropped my gun from a tree lol, I also have a 5-25 S&B PMII awesome scope but heavy AF. NF has had no problem on my 3gun rifle that gets abused to hell and back... have had good luck with vortex too. Sucks about the miss it's usually my fault when I do, but equipment failure sucks more, it would be good to learn more about what happened to the scope from leupold, as I own one of them as well and hunt with in on my 338 RUM.

Purchased my Leupold Mark 4 long range 4.5x14x50 in 2003 and installed on a factory Rem 270. Took several deer with it up to 600 yds. In 2005, I had a custom 7mm Rem Mag built on a 700 action. Switched my Mark 4 over to the 7mm and been hunting with it ever since. Packing in horseback in a leather scabbard, riding in back of truck in case, carrying on my pack and shoulder strung. I have fallen or dropped it numerous times. Never touched it since installing except to check zero. Always has tracked perfectly and taken many deer from 200 to 825 yds. It is a pass around rifle, many friends and family members have also taken deer with it. I have since purchased 2 more Mark 4's. One 4.5x14x50 the other 8.5x25x50. I installed the new 4.5 on a custom built 6.5 x 284 and so far it is tracking perfectly. I think I will stick with my proven Leupold.

I have had many scopes and have had tracking issues that are frustrating. Not knowing if scope goes where you click. Had one that was boosted and the manufacturer said they would not work on it and it would not track. Bought a scope that is heavier but I like it a lot. Great glass and good tracking. Yes weighs a little more but I dont care. Do not want to have a scope that doesnt track correctly even if it is lighter. To me 3/4 lb extra means very little. I guess if it does start to bother me, I'll just cut out an item or two in my backpack, certainly not the durability of my scope. Each to his own I guess.

I put a razor lht on my everyday rifle last year. I have no idea how reliable it will be but it's as perfect a hunting scope as I have found. Glass is great, tracking and zero stop are perfect, it's light weight, capped windage, illuminated etc. I like it better than my NX8 and the shv but cannot compare to any other nf's.

I had the same sort of thing happen with a VX6HD. To be sure it wasn't the scope I mounted a tried and true IOR in the same rings without tightening or changing anything. The gun was spot on. Tested again at 1100 yds. Shot a sub .5 moa group. Remounted the leupold and it was shooting over my little backer in about a 2' pattern. After two trips to leupold I sold it and will not own another leupold product. This was not my first experience like this with this brand. Should have stuck with NF from the start. The atacr I replaced it with outstanding. Admittedly I'm a NF supporter.

I had the VX6 and didn't feel the turrets were repeating accurately. I went to the 2.5-10 NXS compact, is 20 oz, same as the VX6, repeats great and is very durable. I find the 10 power plenty for hunting and shooting to 1000 yds.

I also have the 4-16 ATACR, love the scope, but agree, the extra 10oz is not what I am looking for on my light carry rifle.

I also have a vortex LH 3-15 with the MOA reticle. It is 16oz and I use the reticle for hold over, but don't try to shoot as far with this setup.

My go to, for light weight and long range is the 2.5-10 NF, I am interested in hearing more about the March scope.

+1 on this. I have the 3-24X42F version of this scope on my mountain rifle. Tough as balls, light weight, and glass better than anything mentioned on here so far with the exception of S&B. My only complaint is that the fine MOA reticle has super fine cross hairs and are a tad hard to see when I am at low zoom if it is dawn or dusk. At full zoom they are perfect and they don't cover up much of the target. If that is an issue for you, go SFP and dial for windage and elev.
NF have illuminated cross hair
and can hammer a nail in a stump...literally and still hold zero
Lou got march scopes in the US for benchrest...they may be..but i doubt it, be hammer tough