Loosen variable power ring?

RangerBrad

I was wondering if there is a way to loosen the variable power ring on a night force and a Burris? The ones I have seem to be very hard to turn. The simmons I have shifts very easily between powers and I've really learned to like it. I notice ther are Alen screws on the rings but I am afraid to mess with them as I really don't know what they do? Thank's, Brad

Not a good idea, and it might void the warranty. Just turn the power ring from one extreme to another for quite a while, and it should move a little easier.

Brownells, has scope clamp rings that go around existing ring with a large fin on them, for easy w/out looking or gloved hands, one of those would help

Nightforce NXS Scope Lever | 3Gun Stuff

Nightforce NXS Scope Lever

Fits all Nightforce NXS Scopes (3.5-15, 5.5-22, 8-32, 12-42).​
Does not fit NXS-Compact models THIS one does. Does not fit Benchrest models.​
Simply the best zoom adjustment tool for variable powered optics. The Scope Lever allows you to acquire and engage your target easier and faster.​
Exclusive design features high friction handle and hinged opening allowing for low clearance of only 0.080″between scope and mount/firearm underneath it.​
Lever extends 0.8″ above scope.​
CNC machined from T6 aluminum with black anodized finish.​
Handle extends 0.8″ above scope.​
Fully Warranted: if it breaks under normal use, we'll replace it.​
Please call or email for dealer pricing or Military/LEO discounts on this product.​
$69.95 each.​

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.