Looking for tikka build/ rebarrel advice

Send the bolt to Shaen gunsmithing in CA, he'll open it to Magnum diameter($130). Run 6.5 prc, 6.5 saum, 6.5 Sherman short tactical. No fire forming for any these cases and all like short barrel length. Oh and ADG brass for all 3. Ding ding ding.

I have not seen ADG brass anywhere!

I'll have to look him up, I haven't heard of many opening up the tikka bolt before. Trust me if I had a pick the saum would be it. My buddy has one he built on a savage and it's sweet.

Shaen opened a Tikka bolt face for me for a 6.5 PRC. First class work and great communication. He did the same for two buds with the same results.

Shaen opened a Tikka bolt face for me for a 6.5 PRC. First class work and great communication. He did the same for two buds with the same results.
Im sending my Tikka 6.5 creedmoor superlite to have the bolt opened, chamber punched out, barrel cut to 22" and threaded. Going to be a sweet back country rig.

I'd run peterson or lapua SRP over adg in that particular situation anyway.
In my experience Peterson holds up much better than adg. I've had 2 different batches of 6.5 creed brass and the first batch the primer pockets were gone at 3-4 firings. This current batch I'm on has 5 firings and some of the primers are just falling in almost. The same load in Peterson brass (same velocity from both cases) now has 13 firings and still tight. I just cant kill it

45.7 7828ssc get a 140 going 3000 in a 24 inch barrel. I would start at 42 and work up and see where it gets you. Bullet is a eld 140. Hornady brass. This gun belongs to my friend that shoots 1000 yard compatition with me. It's his hunting rifle and the load works in his gun just fine. Be safe.
Shep

45.7 7828ssc get a 140 going 3000 in a 24 inch barrel. I would start at 42 and work up and see where it gets you. Bullet is a eld 140. Hornady brass. This gun belongs to my friend that shoots 1000 yard compatition with me. It's his hunting rifle and the load works in his gun just fine. Be safe.
Shep
Will do I err on the side of caution, Still surprised a person can get enough in it

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.