Looking for Muzzle Brake Suggestions

FullDraw84

I am looking for a muzzle brake for my Browning A-Bolt Long Range Hunter in 7MM. I like the gun, the recoil isn't bad but it kicks enough that I lose the sight picture.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Brands or styles to look at and also those to avoid?

It has been suggested that I go with an adjustable style, such as a QUE Adjustable Muzzle Brake ($190) or a Badger Ordnance FTE Removable Muzzle Brake ($135 but needs bored by a gunsmith, so prob closer to $200). These seem convenient and can be used between multiple rifles, but that isn't really an issue. I only have one long range rifle set up and only anticipate to use this rifle for a long time.

I have also seen the great reviews about Center Shot Rifles' Muscle Brakes. At $210 installed, that seems like an excellent option. But then I am looking at closer to $300 after shipping both ways.

Thanks for any input.

P.S. If anyone knows of a gunsmith near Grand Junction, CO that does good work, then I will definately purchase the Muscle Brake.

3 port Muscle brake. Jims newest creation would probably work just as well or better tho. He's got one now chats bigger than the mini, & smaller than the big ones.
His handle here on LRH is "coyboy". Fling him a p.m. he's super nice, & doesn't pressure anyone. I got the mini for my shortmag.

You can always order the brake, or have your local (& preferably reputable) smith install it as per Jims instructions. That's what I did.

Your on the right track. Keep goin the direction your headed, & you won't be disappointed.

Or you can use one of mine for 45.00 shipped.

Attachments

• Muzzle Brake pics 004 small.jpg
    Muzzle Brake pics 004 small.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Muzzle Brake pics 005 small.jpg
    Muzzle Brake pics 005 small.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 121
I use both the dlask and vais---been happy with both. And for the same reasons as you----not too worried about recoil but it's nice to call your shots. I hunt alot by myself so no spotter.

Randy

Suggest a gill style, as has been suggested by many here. I have used a Holland and a couple no namer brakes.

Ask questions of the no name suppliers as some use non-standard threads which causes some headaches. The quality may be there, just understand what you are getting.

I have Shawns break on my 300 RUM and I shoot 210 Bergers . I can let the rifle lay in the sand bags and hold it with one hand while I shoot if I want. recoil is that like a mild .308 load or 243 . I have his 4 port. I use to have the raidious style break on a 300 mag and it sucked it blew all of the muzzle blast in your face and didnt even compare to the 4 port tank style breaks. You will not be dissapointed if you go with the port style breaks.

Good luck which ever way you go.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.