Suggestions on Muzzle Brake for Sendero 300 RUM

The 1st port is 90 degrees. The muzzle has a clear 90 degree path for gas to escape, but the rear of the 2nd port is angled a bit, not nearly as much as the rest of the ports.
You can only see the white paper through the 1st port. The 2nd pic is better.

It sure don't look like it from this picture though ...

I have many Assassin brakes. I have the round style and the slab style. I have them on a 25 wssm, all the way up to 375 rum. Every brand of muzzle brake works. You certainly pay for efficiency we all know that. I have attached a video. It's a 13 year old boy (my son) shooting a 7 rum. 103 grains of 33 and a 190 grain matrix. This is a very stout load. If you slow the video down or stop it right as the muzzle blast comes out of the brake, you will see that the Assassin pushes the gas straight out, not back. If you can't see it, pm me your phone number and I'll text you the original video. You also can see it in real time. Another thing you'll notice is that there is very little gun movement. This 7 rum is a factory sendero. No additions other than the Assassin brake. This is not my sons largest gun. He also shoots a semi custom 338 rum and shoots it accurately due to the Assassin brake.

Jayson

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZPNkFvv-Q[/ame]

The 1st port is 90 degrees. The muzzle has a clear 90 degree path for gas to escape, but the rear of the 2nd port is angled a bit, not nearly as much as the rest of the ports.
You can only see the white paper through the 1st port. The 2nd pic is better.

IIRC, Kiwi Greg is the designer/manufacturer of the MB and not about to argue with him :) ...

All ports on the Terminator Brakes are angled back.

This guides the gas away from the shooter.

The best place to be is the shooter or directly behind him :)

IIRC, Kiwi Greg is the designer/manufacturer of the MB and not about to argue with him :) ...

I never said the brake didn't create back blast. Obviously, the design indicates it would. I said, "I'm not sure if it does" in response to the question by wildcater, "Would the Terminator have more back blast?

I only pointed out the design of the 1st port which is perpendicular...angled...:rolleyes:

I never said the brake didn't create back blast. Obviously, the design indicates it would. I said, "I'm not sure if it does" in response to the question by wildcater, "Would the Terminator have more back blast?

I only pointed out the design of the 1st port which is perpendicular...angled...:rolleyes:

... and he verified it straight to the point, plain and simple ...

"All ports on the Terminator Brakes are angled back".

Thanks for all the suggestions. Going with the Muscle brake. I will let everyone know how well it works. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.