looking for info on 6.5 WSM

billy53

I've been reading forums on the 6.5WSM and see that some of them date back many years. Some like the combination others not so much which is to be expected. Now that Nosler has the 26 which looks to be a real fire breather and there is a 28 which it sounds like some are playing with. What can you tell me about a 6.5WSM which from what I read should push a 129 out at about 3,300 fps or a 140 at about 3,200 fps which seems to be pretty close to the 26 Nosler with a few grains less powder and pretty easy to find brass. I 'm a big fan of the .264 having a 6.5X06 since the early 70's and several other .264's and like the high BC bullets and the range of bullets offered. In looking at the 6.5WSM I was looking for a combination that would give me a higher BC bullet in 140 grain range than my current 270 WSM can deliver and more velocity than my 6.5X06 or my 6.5X284.

You're not in the way, it's just that this section of the forum is dedicated to primarily 1 caliber, the 7mm STW. And you were asking about the 6.5 WSM, which has no relevance here in this particular section of the forum.

If you posted your same exact question in the section I linked you to in my first post, you will most likely get more, and more informative responses to your question. It's not that you did anything wrong by posting, it's that you happened to post it in the wrong section of the forum. No harm, no foul.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.