load info please

I just got my Custom build on a 700 action with a 1-8 27.5" Bartlein and after breaking in the barrell I started to pressure check and chrono using RL 25. My last try was 76 grains with CCi 250 and 195 Berger's and I was up to 3065 with minimal pressure (for me). I loaded up several and was headed to the range but the wind started to blow and will for the next few days but I will let you know how they turn out. COAL 3.82 with resized 8mm rem mag brass. Would love to try proper brass. Hard to find any cheap brass. Hate paying for Nosler. 300 Weatherby can be made into STW very easily if you can find any of that cheap. Saw some Hornady today for just over a buck but hope to find STW soon.

Appreciate your feedback on the RL- 25.I am still patiently waiting for my new build to get completed. Will post more after I get and take test drive.
Thanks Again lightbulb

I just got my Custom build on a 700 action with a 1-8 27.5" Bartlein and after breaking in the barrell I started to pressure check and chrono using RL 25. My last try was 76 grains with CCi 250 and 195 Berger's and I was up to 3065 with minimal pressure (for me). I loaded up several and was headed to the range but the wind started to blow and will for the next few days but I will let you know how they turn out. COAL 3.82 with resized 8mm rem mag brass. Would love to try proper brass. Hard to find any cheap brass. Hate paying for Nosler. 300 Weatherby can be made into STW very easily if you can find any of that cheap. Saw some Hornady today for just over a buck but hope to find STW soon.

Nosler brass is good brass. And as for "proper" brass, the 7mm STW was derived from necking-down 8mm RemMag brass. So technically you are using "proper" brass. :D

Hornady is decent brass, but IMO, Nosler is the best brass around. I have had zero issues with it, like I have with other brands.

I know it is the right case but shrinking the neck can cause some feed problems was what I was poorly refering too. I ran 77 grains RL25 through it today and got 3092 and still very little pressure. I'm way excited to see if it is accurate at these velocities. It is the equal or better of the 300 rum pushing the 212 ELD-X at 3100. Quite impressive. Would love to find some RL26 to try. My friend is trying 7828ssc in his STW so we will see how it does. Has anyone tried the new IMR 7977? Would be interested to see how it performs.

I know it is the right case but shrinking the neck can cause some feed problems was what I was poorly refering too. I ran 77 grains RL25 through it today and got 3092 and still very little pressure. I'm way excited to see if it is accurate at these velocities. It is the equal or better of the 300 rum pushing the 212 ELD-X at 3100. Quite impressive. Would love to find some RL26 to try. My friend is trying 7828ssc in his STW so we will see how it does. Has anyone tried the new IMR 7977? Would be interested to see how it performs.

I have some 7977 sitting here, and have loaded up some test rounds, but have been too preoccupied with looking for some land to build a house on the last year or so, than I have been with going to the range. I know, I know....Priorities. :D

I will try to get out to the range soon to do some testing with it.

For information only.
Custom rifle, 26" hart barrel, 8.0 twist, Nosler brass, 195 gr berger, 215m primers, 78 gr N570,
3060 fps, (3.0255" to the ogive) one ragged hole, I love this setup. Same rifle different barrel, Hart 9.0 twist, 180 gr vld, 79 gr H-1000, 3135 fps, 1/4-1/2 moa. Work up slowly and be safe

Last edited:
Went to the hills today to sight in and tried to beat the wind but failed at that but did kinda sight the new gun in and attached the Magneto Speed to see how the loads were perorming. I was shooting the 195 Berger in R-P 8mm mag cases with cci primers and 77 grains of RL 25 loaded to 3.82 coal. It was to windy to tell how accurate the load was but it showed very little pressure and averaged 3088 fps. I just finished 15 loaded identical except upped the RL 25 to 77.5 and will wait for some calm weather here in eastern Idaho mid-week to see how accurate this load is. However I only have 25 rounds down the new barrel so it probably won't get real accurate till the barrell "coppers up" a little. Very encouraged so far. My friend took his Sako 75 in STW out with me and it performed very well with 175 Nosler long range accubonds averaging 3212 and very little pressure signs using 7828ssc. We were at 6500 feet elevation. The wind was howling but both loads seemed to be very accurate but don't know for sure yet. Our other range came out of winter wildlife closure yesterday and it is great to 300 yards protected from the wind so I will get up there this week.

Gentlemen,
Thank you for your time. My question is if anyone has tried Reloader 33 with 162gr Amax or new ELD X and if you have any advice to share. Thanks again

Ok I have had the rifle for about 5 weeks and now after quite a few nights
on the reloading bench (and some help from someone with a lot more expierence
than me) it is shooting good for me.
Tried retumbo, h-1000, had great accuracy with 7977 then received a recipie
from one of the guys at Mcwhorter rifles. 75 grains R-26, 215,35 off, 195 berger ,with nosler brass.
3,045-3,060. I had the rifle info at front of thread but will give it again so no one has to look back. 28 inch kreiger, 8.5 twist, rem 700 action, hs precision thumbhole, ross
schuler brake.Built by Northwest Actions.
I could probably get more velocity out of it but am super happy with accuracy
so am going to leave it alone and go shoot a critter with it.
Thanks
Mike

Ok I have had the rifle for about 5 weeks and now after quite a few nights
on the reloading bench (and some help from someone with a lot more expierence
than me) it is shooting good for me.
Tried retumbo, h-1000, had great accuracy with 7977 then received a recipie
from one of the guys at Mcwhorter rifles. 75 grains R-26, 215,35 off, 195 berger ,with nosler brass.
3,045-3,060. I had the rifle info at front of thread but will give it again so no one has to look back. 28 inch kreiger, 8.5 twist, rem 700 action, hs precision thumbhole, ross
schuler brake.Built by Northwest Actions.
I could probably get more velocity out of it but am super happy with accuracy
so am going to leave it alone and go shoot a critter with it.
Thanks
Mike
RL26 will give you 100-150fps over the other powders with less pressure or that's been my experience in everything from the .300wm case up through my Rum's with great accuracy.

It's hard to talk me out of H1000 for cases this size or larger but RL26 is definitely winning me over.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.