Looking for electronic hearing protection (in ear)

I haven't tried them, but I love their over the ear protection

I have these and they never worked out for me. Poor fit, uncomfortable and had feedback. I'm still looking for a something that works.

Curious if the custom fit would have addressed the problems you're having? Nothing off the shelve has very worked for me.

Yup just my luck I would get the lemon pair. I really wanted these to work for winter shooting under a hat. I'll keep leaving messages and emails I guess. Anyone here have a contact with axil better than customer srvice?

Yup just my luck I would get the lemon pair. I really wanted these to work for winter shooting under a hat. I'll keep leaving messages and emails I guess. Anyone here have a contact with axil better than customer srvice?
Have you considered contacting them through their social media channels? I found that to be more productive with other companies during this quarantine period.

Following due to shooting braked smokeless muzzeloader once without muffs on. I need something in ear that I can use with a stocking cap over in cold weather, thanks...Greg

Last edited:
A write-up I did a year ago. In Ear and over the Ear.
A year later, almost *never* wear the Walker Razors, use the EP100's mostly, foam plugs on a few occasions.

ESP America is the Rolls Royce of hearing protection. Been using them since the early 2000's. They're not cheap, but it's for you to decide what yer hearing's worth. I wear mine multiple times a week during waterfowl and big game seasons.

Received the replacement pair and shot a 22lr with them. I can still hear a loud crack of the round and have the 29db black foam tips on. Then shot my 357Sig and yup no shunt of the blast report. Maybe it's just me but I would't want to shoot multiple times with these in.

Not Impressed!!

ESP America is the Rolls Royce of hearing protection. Been using them since the early 2000's. They're not cheap, but it's for you to decide what yer hearing's worth. I wear mine multiple times a week during waterfowl and big game seasons.
My search goes on, going to look into these. Thanks.