Looking for Colorado Springs local shooters

• Thread starter Deleted member 107666
  • Start date
Just drive west up 24 to South Park. Plenty of BLM land up there to shoot as far as you want. Used to live up there. If you're willing to drive the Chaffee county range just north of Salida was always really nice. Steel out to 1000. Least there used to be. Haven't been there in 5 years.

Chaffee county range no longer has the 1,000-1,035 yard targets, as the county dump has expanded below that area and caused a danger zone. They still have the other reactive gongs on the left side that extend out to the 600 yard line.

Canon City has a 2,200 yard range, and the membership is open.

When I lived in Woodland Park in the mid and late 80's I used to coyote hunt in the Wilkerson Pass area and South Park had a lot of places to shoot or coyote hunt. I imagine it might be different now and I'm way behind on Colorado game laws.

I'll be prairie dog hunting in Wyoming next spring and hope to revisit some of my old Colorado stomping grounds in the area around Divide and west of there on my way back to Florida.

Chaffee county range no longer has the 1,000-1,035 yard targets, as the county dump has expanded below that area and caused a danger zone. They still have the other reactive gongs on the left side that extend out to the 600 yard line.

Canon City has a 2,200 yard range, and the membership is open.

where exactly is this range in canon city? I live in the springs but am currently building a house in canon city, very interested .

It takes me 2:15 to get to CRC. I drive to Limon and then backtrack. Same time if I took I-25 up and took a right at 225.

If you're running HWY 24 East to Limon, take a left in Matheson CO 149 to 153 and you'll wind up in Deer Trail. May not save you any time, but it'll save a lot of miles. There are a lot of good roads running North off of Hwy 24 that will dump you out on I70 on and get you there without running all the way into Limon.

I wish I was still in the Springs. 2 of the best years of rifle and USPSA shooting that I've had in the places I've lived around the country. Course if I was still there, then all my mags would be still be grandfathered unlike now that I'd be coming back.

Puebloshooter runs great matches at the Pueblo range, and if the Raton matches are still going, those are worth the drive.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.