Looking for a ultra liteweight scope

First of all I you need to determine what you intend to do when you get to where ever you plan on carrying this rifle. Decide what optical options are necessary for you to make the shot in those conditions. Personally I like to have more glass and reticle, especialy if there is any distance involved. I can only assume we are talking LRH.

You may be asking yourself so why am I sweating a few ounces here and there when selecting a scope or another component? The answer is obvious to me. It all starts to add up and 2 miles into a five mile walk with all of your gear you really start to feel it. I am a little surprised that some of the higher end scope companies don't put any focus on this. 25 ounces and below is what I would consider fairly light weight. Swarovski and March come to mind as well as Leupold, Zeiss, and Vortex that make some good scopes in this range. Top end makers such as TT, ZCO, and NF just don't offer anything that I am aware of in this range.

The NF NXS 2.5-10x42 is 20 oz…and it will work when you find what you are looking for after that 5 mile hike.

How do you plan to use this scope? Sight it in and don't mess with the turrets? Twist turrets for wind and elevation? Maybe a mil or moa crosshair? After using an often recommended brand because it was a little lighter I sold it and went with another NF 2.5-10x42 on my ultralight .284. Tough, reliable, turrets that work every time, and good enough glass for consistent hits out to nearly 800 yards on marmots. I'll gladly carry a few extra ounces for a scope I trust.

Here is a truly light weight hunting scope from Tasco. It's only .25 lbs. That's a whole 4 ounces!
31YzexkdVSL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

How does 9.5 oz for a variable power scope rate against all the big names?

I have this I would not put it on a rifle for a big hunt. Glass is ok not great light gathering. But it works.

I would say if you can find an old bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16 it's 17.3 oz and have it on my lightweight creedmore. Perfect scope for my needs.
If not that March 2.5-25 have one on my .20 Sherman and it's I believe 23oz

Happy with my Swaro Z5i 2.4-12x50 on my NULA 308. Seems perfect to me.
This is not the other brand I went with, but it was in the lead until research suggested the turrets were average, not top tier like NF, SB, etc. outstanding glass is… outstanding, but I shoot long and twist turrets regularly. I'll take turrets over glass.

I like it. This would be perfect on an AR platorm or a good SA woods rifle. I stand corrected on NF.

With the NXS 2.5-10 in particular you also get an extreeemmmely user friendly eye box…if the rifle is in front of you, you can see through the scope. And, the green illumination is absolutely fantastic in dark woods hunting in my experience.

Leupold VX 2 at 11.6 ounces. But I believe they are discontinued I think. I bought one a few years ago to put on a sheep rifle. Still need a sheep tag!