looking for a good .375 cal bullet

jasonshortjeeper

So i am looking for a good hunting bullet for my .375 Cheytac. I live and hunt in Oregon and from what i have heard i can"t use hollow point target ammo. I found some 300 grn Nosler Acubond that i got and will try out.

Does anyone out there know of a company making a 350 grn or heavier boat tail hunting bullet? Thanks for the help.

I don't have a .375, but plan on building a .375Ruger and intend on using the Accubonds (either the 260 or 300, whichever shoots best).

Let us know how those 300AB's fly. They should be a great hunting bullet for you.

AJ

No i will use them for target and maybe for cyotes. I tried Rocky Mountian Bullet Company but their web site was under construction. I was thinking about solids but i will have to check my local laws first. Where do you hunt?

Home

We shot some of the Al tipped 375s today, seem to work pretty good, but those things are high.

We were shooting a 375 chey tac at 1400, basicly just doing a little load work still. It is a buddys gun and he was using the rocky mountain 375 grain aluminum tipped bullets. (or mabye they ae 365gr cant recall for sure) I think his load is 132 grains of retumbo with a 215M. We were getting a lot of vertical in the load at 1400 even though it was perfectly flat at 800 so back to the drawing board.

I posted the link to the bullet manufacturers website above.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.