Looking for a .17

AH3682

Hey guys,
It's me again, asking about .17(s). Right now I am heading to cabelas tomorrow to see what they have for used .17hmrs. Now, the plan is to buy one used and restock it. Still wondering which company makes the best actions and barrels.

Pleas seen me info on some of your .17s, how well they shoot, weight, and any problems with the design or function. A few pic would be nice.

Once again thanks, and happy shootin.

P.S. For those of you wondering about that .220 swift of a previous thread, it got sold before i could get to it.

I have a Savage 17HMR and it shoots very well. It is a thumbhole stock which I am not crazy about, and the fit and finish isn't great, but its a shooter.

If I won the powerball I'd get a Cooper. I have a few of their centerfires and they are fantastic, just can't bring myself to drop that kind of $$ on a rimfire.

ill second the .17 HMR savage, dialed 6 MOA and plugged a prairie dog at 251 with it, broz as a witness he thought i missed it because say dust behind it but then it fell backwards legs kicking in the air haha the bullet didn't have enough energy to expand so it took a sec to get the job done.

Hey,

Got the savage at scheels the other day, put a 4x scope on it. Shot 3 bullets in one hole at 25yd easy. Now I am just looking for a different scope, any suggestions?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.