Looking for a scope

While this scope is no doubt one of the best you can buy optically. It has very limited vertical adj. I don't remember exactly how much, but you might want to check before purchasing.

O.G.,

I would have a good look at as many of the scopes you can.

Zeiss 6-24 VM/V has 160cm @ 100m of up according to Zeiss.de web page (cca 53 MOA?). Thats about what my 4-16x50 PMII had. It was enough if used with a 20MOA picatinny rail.

I have found optical happiness with S&B PMII scopes. Hope whatever you decide you are happy with.

David.

Sorry David, I had not read your post before my last. That's what I hope to do, pick the right one the first time. Not something I always do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

As rough rule of thumb count on 40-45 MOA of up to get to 1K with a 100 yard zero (.308 class). If you have 53/54 MOA of up plus 20 MOA picatinny rail - then 30 MOA should get your 100 yard zero.

David.

Ol\' Gator - check your email

Ol' Gater,

Short answer to you PM question: No adj would be necessary WHEN ON POWER THAT IS CALIBRATED for (forgive the loud voice) 1 Mil = 3.6 inches at 100 yds.

With a 1st focal plane the answer is. No adjustment would be necessary regardless of anything to well beyond 600 yds (closer to 1000) with that laser shooter.

That was short?

Long answer's in your email.

Have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.