looking for a new gun.

While Browning makes some nice rifles, there are very few aftermarket accessories/custom part for them. Also, there are not many gunsmiths that do a lot of work with Brownings. The most popular action is the Remington 700. There are more custom accessories for them than any other. Also, every gunsmith works on 700s.

Long way to say that one of your considerations should be adaptability in the future. Savage and Remington are the best options.

As for the cartridges you listed, I would not deviate from anything that J E Custom says. Choose 300win mag.

I have heard that most 7mm bullets have a higher BC than 30 cal bullets is that true?

I have heard that most 7mm bullets have a higher BC than 30 cal bullets is that true?

There was a time when 7mm was the king of the BCs but these days the 30cal is coming back in a big way. Compare the 180grain 7mm berger hybrid to the 215grain and 230grain 30cal Berger OTM and hybrids.

There was a time when 7mm was the king of the BCs but these days the 30cal is coming back in a big way. Compare the 180grain 7mm berger hybrid to the 215grain and 230grain 30cal Berger OTM and hybrids.

so in theory there is no difference between a 300 win and a 7mm rem if you do your research and select the right bullet powder combo?

so in theory there is no difference between a 300 win and a 7mm rem if you do your research and select the right bullet powder combo?

These days there is little difference between the 7mm and 30cal bullets in terms of their BCs. Because the higher BC bullets are heavier, the key is to choose a cartridge that can provide you with sufficient velocity to take launch those heavy heavy bullets.

roninflag is right, you need to reload.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.